boosted launches with stock shafts

senck243

i recently went to the track and was launching at 5psi in 4wd. what is the most psi i can launch at without breaking shafts? i already have a billet flexplate input shaft and suncoast converter and valvebody. the trans has about 20k on it since being rebuilt with the suncoast extreme rebuild kit.

Well, not saying it's safe to do, but I've launched with as much as 15 psi on stock intermediate/output shafts. My input shaft, flex plate, and converter are billet, but that's it.

I usually try to not go over 10 - 12 psi, though, since it doesn't seem to help my 60' times with the Toyo M/Ts that are on the truck. They just spin anything more than 12 psi.

If you want a guarantee go to wal mart. I've snapped a billet input with all other stock shafts so just go as far as you want. When it breaks it breaks.

Not looking for a guarantee... Looking for input from people that have experience launching their truck.

My stock shafts lasted well over a 100 15#+ boosted launches but all it takes is 1 and your done.

Search, quit wasting our time with questions that have been answered before. Your shaft might break it might not. Depends on your power, how sticky the track, tires, lockup. Etc

Back