Borgeson 'Dodge box' group buy.

I have read confusing information, is the steering box NEW or Remanufactured?

This is the new box. its a different style then the factory box. fewer lock to lock turns and a better on center feel.

I don't think it is a "brand new" box designed or manufactured by Borgeson. I think it is a box originally from another vehicle that Borgeson rebuilds and works over. At least that's how I think it is from what I've found on the internet (and the internet is never wrong :rolleyes:). It's definitely not a rebuilt dodge ram box.

This is directly from Borgeson's website:
Borgeson has re-manufactured a modern Delphi integral power steering gearbox to replace the early 60’s Saginaw technology used in your 1994-2002 Dodge pick-up. The Borgeson “Dodge Box” offers a larger piston diameter for more available power assist; quicker ratio for easier parking and less turns lock-to-lock and modern variable valve that allows for stable highway driving and effortless parking and maneuvering. The Borgeson “Dodge Box” will bolt directly to the stock mounting location fit the original pitman arm and even work with your stock hoses and pump. The Borgeson “Dodge Box” will include an adapter to work with all Borgeson replacement steering shafts; a Borgeson steering shaft will be required for installation of this steering box or a flat must be ground on the steering box adapter to fit your stock shaft. Fits all 1994-2002 Dodge Full Size trucks.

Am I wrong? :what: :pop:

A friend of mine is machining gearbox's for jeeps using new castings. A guy bought the rights to have them manufactured and drawing of the boxes and internal parts. I'm just assuming that may be what is going on here.

I don't think it is a "brand new" box designed or manufactured by Borgeson. I think it is a box originally from another vehicle that Borgeson rebuilds and works over. At least that's how I think it is from what I've found on the internet (and the internet is never wrong :rolleyes:). It's definitely not a rebuilt dodge ram box.

This is directly from Borgeson's website:

Am I wrong? :what: :pop:

No, you are correct(from my research anyways..) Many sites list them as "new" but they are not. They are just reman'd Delphi boxes that have been adapted to the Dodge trucks and are literally new.

Back