Boring out 6.7 block for oversized pistons

dansdieselp

Diesel Tuner
How far can you bore the block out for overesized pistons on the 6.7L Cummins before you have to run hard block?

why not be safe and have the block sonic checked (if this is right) Then you can tell the thickness of each cyl. wall

4.25" is a good number, lots of rings readily available.

Sure - .040" should be max overbore.

Better reasons than light walls for hard block though!

What's everyone using for pistons in competition motors? Mahle said they can't make any for the 6.7 cause their tooling is too small.

My machine shop printed out info for me from the AERA discussing the 6.7 L and the differences between the 6.7 L and 5.9L. The info in that article said you could only do one .020 overbore.

Gonna have my machine shop look at the possibilities. May just leave it 6.7 to keep it simple.

Gonna have my machine shop look at the possibilities. May just leave it 6.7 to keep it simple.

Since your a big diesel shop how come you cant figure this out on your own?

I heard theres a shop on the river that has acces to any size ross piston you want

Since your a big diesel shop how come you cant figure this out on your own?

I heard theres a shop on the river that has acces to any size ross piston you want

What hole did you crawl out of? I have a question about a engine that I don't have much experience with and what do you expect me to pull answers from the sky? I want to build a good strong running engine for the customer and want to make sure that I'm not missing anything.

See it's not just you!LOL

What hole did you crawl out of? I have a question about a engine that I don't have much experience with and what do you expect me to pull answers from the sky? I want to build a good strong running engine for the customer and want to make sure that I'm not missing anything.
Chill, getting worked up just excites us. Blood in the water:evil

If you have to ask maybe you shouldn't be touching the customers engine? Why not just leave it the stock bore? Scored cylinders or what?

If you have to ask maybe you shouldn't be touching the customers engine? Why not just leave it the stock bore? Scored cylinders or what?

We were debating on some plans for this motor. I think we are going to leave the stock bore alone in case we have a problem down the road. I'm gonna have Ross makes a set of custom pistons for it. It's a work in progress.

We were debating on some plans for this motor. I think we are going to leave the stock bore alone in case we have a problem down the road. I'm gonna have Ross makes a set of custom pistons for it. It's a work in progress.

Why did you come to the assumption for the need of custom Ross pistons for this engine?

What is the application? Street/Strip? Street/Weekend Puller? Street Squirrel?

Back