Brakes

massdiesel

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Guys,
I am looking for a bit of input and what you are getting to work on your pro street drag race trucks.On my 24v p pump pro street truck I removed the factory master and vacuum pump for weight reasons and was the biggest mistake I ever have made to put in manual brakes and a steering rack.I cant hold it at the line for more then 1 lb of boost or it will move.I tried a wilwood master from a mustang no luck, just spent $1000 on a setup with a electric pump from ABS no better.It has factory 4 wheel calipers and discs.It doesnt have a proportioning valve per say I have a adjustable valve for the rear brakes and no matter how you adjust it no luck.I am looking for some ideas for this pro street truck as the way it is its a nightmare to back out of the trailer with the way it is and very unsafe to race.Thanks for any info or ideas.

94-97 Dodge vacuum master cylinder and a Ford electric vacuum pump found on late 80's Ford trucks?

You make me curious how mine will work...

not trying to be a smartass, but could you put the factory stuff back on?

No I have a guage ordered.When I purchased this kit with the motor they said it is 2000 psi but its no better we will see

hhmm, post here or start a new thread, I apologize in advance. :D
I can't to hold more than 8psi before the tires start spinning through the brakes. Seems to get worse after a few runs. Stock brake system including the proportioning valve. The rear rotors and pads are new. I also use a line lock plumbed in reverse to warm up the rear tires. Could the valve be screwed up, or the lines expanding, or something else? Please PM me with advice, I don't want to risk cluttering up this thread. TIA

That is a decent point... Scott are you still using the rubber lines?

Earls sells stainless braided lines that won't balloon. I think EBC may as well. One of the first issues that I dealt with on these trucks was the rubber line ballooning and the truck pulling to the left when braking.

not to step on your thread either but, I've been curious about how everyone stock brake system holds up to numerous boosted starts. There isn't too many threads about it.

Was wondering if any one with a CR or at least newer truck has had issue and what the best cure might be. I know my brakes still work well but, I've notice a little less braking power when on the line.

Maybe SS lines is a good idea period if you're going to be at the track a lot ?? I haven't looked into anything after market assuming there wouldn't be anything for my truck as far as master cylinders..etc.

No I have a guage ordered.When I purchased this kit with the motor they said it is 2000 psi but its no better we will see

Where did you order the gauge from? Your in a different league than me. Right now I think my problem is the proportioning valve. I know you have that you already have that covered. But I am curios what your plan is to cure the brake problem.

Guys trying the braided lines tomorrow and if that dont work i am gonna make a driveshaft brake

I hope the braided lines work out for you. If not I hope you will share how the driveshaft brake works.

Good luck to ya!

Back