Brazel's RV Dyno Day

AJenson

Diesel Mechanic
Talked to the owner and it is planned for June 2nd from 10-4PM. $50 gets you on the dyno. All proceeds will go to out wounded veterans. Dyno is located in Centralia, Wa. Here is a link to their site.

Brazel's RV Centralia Washington

Here is my 2 graphs, Brazel's uses a Taylor water brake dyno
Because I am running stock headbolts I told the operator keep it at or below 50 Lbs of boost and 1300* which he did on the first one.
first pull 322/950 I was a little disappointed on the low HP number
for my second pull I had a boot come loose.
On the third pull I had him start the test at 2500 RPM instead of 3000 RPM and looking to get better numbers and sitting with the operator in the cab I had him lay into it a bit and went to 1500* and 55 Lbs of boost once the wastegate opened I had him shut it down. On this last run HP was up to 340 HP.
My exhaust was clear except for when he backed off the throttle there was a couple puffs of black.

I have a 3K GSK, Did this limit the HP?
I would like to see my HP better than 400 and still be able to tow 20K in the mountain passes.
When I get back from vacation I am doing the headbolts and installing a 4K GSK

Recommendation?

My current setup is 97 12 Valve auto with 4.10's
KDP killed
3 K GSK,DDP 2's, AFE cold air intake, big exhaust, ground flat fuel plate, 16* timing,62/68-12 from ED
Auto tranny has Georend inside

Attachments

• run20001.jpg
    run20001.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 0
  • run20002.jpg
    run20002.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 0
Studs, 4k's and some 5x11 or 12 injectors should be done pretty easy, bump timing a bit more to 18-20, it will bring egts down a bit as well.

If you need helping doing those studs let me know.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Back