Broke my Dana 80 axle shaft

Red Stroke

What are you guys running?

SCS has there shafts and drive flanges for $1095. Stock dana replacements are $125 so I am doing that for now. I towed a 9000lb 30ft semi trailer on the gooseneck with my welded rear over the weekend must have fatigued it, never thought i would have a problem, but broke the shaft yesterday empty on wet pavement??

P4172792.jpg

P4222846.jpg

I had issues with my welded rear end on the street. I now run some 300M shafts. I would put a detroit or something back there, especially if your gonna put some good axles in it.

Is that a Ford D80 back there? I don't recall seeing Orings on the dodges.

stockers in mine for now, splines are a lil twisted though

A welded diff that is loaded real heavy is going to be murder on axles. Turning sharp on black top will do it.

We've popped axles on our semi's with the full lockouts on turning on to the highway.

Yeah i had a rare earth magnet from work fastened on the end of a rod ready and waiting to pull out the shaft..... New shaft from Dana will be here tomorrow.

I wouldnt haul anything with a locker rear on the road. That has to be crazy strain on the rear end/axles when you turn. Id definately put a locker or limited slip of some kind in it.

is that a dully rear? i put a dully rear in my 03 6.0 srw and try to figer out how to move my wheels in a bit. the white ford looks good

yes dually, i threw on the flares so the back tires dont look so far out of place

Back