Broken bolt hole on alternator, best replacement?

LKuilder

418386_547832447992_77100685_30814819_1738224861_n.jpg

I haven't been on here for a while but I met Phil this weekend at our Monster Jam show here in Nashville and thought I'd post some stuff on here that I've been dealing with on my Dodge lately... The top mounting hole on my alternator pulled the bolt through and I'm needing a new one. The alternator still charges fine other than it squeals a bit. What would be the best replacement alternator to go with? I found a brand new one from Napa and everything else including the Dodge dealer here is a reman alternator. I am really leaning towards the brand new Napa one over any of the other reman's. Any advice?

I'm cheap enough I'd try to weld a tab back on. :) I went to a local rebuilder for my rebuild.

Mine started to do the same thing caught it before it pulle all the way through and shoved a bolt it the part that was wore out til i got the money for a new one. I am gonna see what it costs for a good used case or a new one and switch over internals. Unless its just cheaper to get a new one. Ebay has some good cheap ones if you wanna look there.

if you have a local rebuilder just have them put a new front plate on it for you

I think I told you this on cf already, put a bigger bolt in it if the alternator is still good. Both my 01's did this yrs ago. Have over 100k miles on each truck since fixing it this way. Still going strong.
2012-02-16_09-17-23_920.jpg

An altenator from o'reilly's is only $140.

Epically posted via Tapatalk...

Mine looks the same as the pic in post #4. The belt is pulling it back toward the center of the truck so I just got a better bolt and torqued the schidtt out of it. It has been that way for over 60,000 miles. No issues. $.02

Back