Broken dowel pin for harmonic balancer

STROKETHISF350

I installed an Ati super damper when I rebuilt my engine along with some arp balancer bolts and I noticed after 1000 miles the belt was squeaking a lot so I popped the hood and noticed the balancer was kind of wobbling while running. I then shut the truck off and seen 2 bolts had backed out so I removed the balancer to find a broken dowel pin in the crank shaft. Just wondering what the best way to fix it would be and where I might get another pin thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it broke off flush? Maybe some pics would help.

You can get the locating dowel from any cummins dealer, you will probably want to get a new tone wheel as well since the locating hole is probably egged out now. If you use a right angle drill you can drill and tap the dowel, then thread a small bolt in to pull it out. Use red loctite on the bolts when you put it back together or you'll probably be doing the same thing over again.

You can get the locating dowel from any cummins dealer, you will probably want to get a new tone wheel as well since the locating hole is probably egged out now. If you use a right angle drill you can drill and tap the dowel, then thread a small bolt in to pull it out. Use red loctite on the bolts when you put it back together or you'll probably be doing the same thing over again.

Good to hear, I'll give Mumau a call for the pin, I do have an extra tone wheel laying around I can use. Do you know how tight that pin is in there by any chance

Back