Broken front U-joint clmps

wagoneer

We had today small test day in track. I was made my first launch in the track in 4wd. The boost was 20 psi in launch. 60 feet was 1.865. Everything went well until about 200 feet before I cross the finish line BANG. The front drive shaft break and I let the throttle off. The one clamps bolts was broken.
Same time the transmission was shifting to OD and the TC lock went on.
I have 3.55 gear and 35" tires.
Do I made to much boost on the launch?

What kind a U-joint, clmps and bolts I have to use? In this moment I was using stok U-joint clamps and bolts.

Some reason the transmission is shifting late to OD and TC lock in full throttle. Can I adjust the shifting to OD and TC?

Attachments

• bokenbolts.jpg
    bokenbolts.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 36
  • timeslip.jpg
    timeslip.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 25
Mr Wagoneer had lots of luck, because he have no drive shaft loops and drive shaft only hit tranny oil pan and barely hit the ground ( thaks to 35 inch wheels)

Few things we found out : stock HX 35 cant push as much air is needed, fuel pump needs more tuning

my guess is something was wore out, cracked, or loose. the drivesahft could also have been out of balance which is why it didnt come apart till the top end. i have never had a single problem with my stock front driveline and my truck will 60' in the high 1.6's, and has sled pulled many times.

if you want to upgrade then go with a 1410 yoke at the diff.

also, i think that the u-bolt style u-joint straps are stronger than the straps and bolts that come stock.

in order to get the OD and lockup to happen when you want them to you will have to wire a toggle switch for each and do it manually

Back