Brush pulls

Tubbyman30

A local guy had a pull at his farm on the weekend, but it got rained out.

Not one to give up, he was able to convince the mayor and the municipal foreman to run the pull on the road.

Has anyone seen that before?

What's the best/worst brush pull you have seen?

Attachments

• 20150530_191900.jpg
    20150530_191900.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20150530_192352.jpg
    20150530_192352.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20150530_194133.jpg
    20150530_194133.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 0
the brushiest pull I've ever been to had a turn in the track. No lie, you had to drive around a bend.

I was at another one that was literally pulling on beach sand. They kept starting the sled back further and further in the grass so you could get a run shot.

One of the cheapest I was ever at I was pulling in the modified diesel class or whatever they used to call it then before they used turbo size to separate the classes, well I won the class and when I went up to the booth to collect my winnings they reached in to a box and rummaged around a while and pulled out a trophy for 2nd place in the 11,500 farm stock tractor class and said "this is all we have"..... I left without the trophy.

Last edited:
Nice. I read on here that there was a pull where they were hooking up to a dumpster.

I've been to one where it was a stone boat for horsepulling. Pretty bad, but at least there was a bar setup.

the brushiest pull I've ever been to had a turn in the track. No lie, you had to drive around a bend.

I was at another one that was literally pulling on beach sand. They kept starting the sled back further and further in the grass so you could get a run shot.

One of the cheapest I was ever at I was pulling in the modified diesel class or whatever they used to call it then before they used turbo size to separate the classes, well I won the class and when I went up to the booth to collect my winnings they reached in to a box and rummaged around a while and pulled out a trophy for 2nd place in the 11,500 farm stock tractor class and said "this is all we have"..... I left without the trophy.

Rob- Brett will remember this one

My first pull ever, they had a sled that looked like it was for garden tractors. It looked like a dumpster full of rocks. No engine, and had a seat on the side. The whole sled was maybe 20' long. When it was questioned, we were told that with the 15' chain it will stop anything out there that day. They were right, when it was coupled with a dust bowl track, nobody got a good run on it.

Im from Pakenham area. The sled looked familiar and now i know its Jody Langtons sled. Know him really well and used to work with him. it woulda been a ****ty weekend for a pull with all the rain.

Rob- Brett will remember this one

My first pull ever, they had a sled that looked like it was for garden tractors. It looked like a dumpster full of rocks. No engine, and had a seat on the side. The whole sled was maybe 20' long. When it was questioned, we were told that with the 15' chain it will stop anything out there that day. They were right, when it was coupled with a dust bowl track, nobody got a good run on it.

Hahahaha, good times!.... I think I remember it because I'm almost positive he videoed it (before cell phones with fancy camera and such) and I remember watching it. It was pretty sketchy, so bad that it was actually funny.

I remember him talking about it for a long time to come. And that's when we learned of "some guy from Maryland with a blue 24v that was pretty tough."

Remember when pulling was fun???...

Last edited:
Im from Pakenham area. The sled looked familiar and now i know its Jody Langtons sled. Know him really well and used to work with him. it woulda been a ****ty weekend for a pull with all the rain.

Ya, usually it's Mel (Jody's father) and John (his brother) running it. I'm from Bristol, about 5 min drive to where the pull was. It was too bad about the rain, but it was a good party after, so it worked out all right.

Hahahaha, good times!.... I think I remember it because I'm almost positive he videoed it (before cell phones with fancy camera and such) and I remember watching it. It was pretty sketchy, so bad that it was actually funny.

I remember him talking about it for a long time to come. And that's when we learned of "some guy from Maryland with a blue 24v that was pretty tough."

Remember when pulling was fun???...

Yes i remember. I think that was also when a few of my friends who had no idea what they were talking about were bragging that my street truck beat that red pulling truck from PA. This is what inspired a certain female to jump in and tell me to hook to a real sled on a real track. The battle of the maroon CR and the blue 24v then began and ran until 2010 when I got out of pulling. It was fun back then.

Hard to think now that in 07-08 a 24v with VP still was all it took to be on top.

Yes i remember. I think that was also when a few of my friends who had no idea what they were talking about were bragging that my street truck beat that red pulling truck from PA. This is what inspired a certain female to jump in and tell me to hook to a real sled on a real track. The battle of the maroon CR and the blue 24v then began and ran until 2010 when I got out of pulling. It was fun back then.

Hard to think now that in 07-08 a 24v with VP still was all it took to be on top.

Haha, holy crap this is making me laugh! I completly forgot about that drama.

Yea how bout it. I remember a time when the winning truck at Scheid had a RedLine box.... And the automatically = awesome.

We used to pull barrels full of concrete on a metal plate. They would add barrels for more weight for different classes. At about the 200ft mark the track was all disced up and loose. Problem was our diesels could make it through that stuff. Scary and good times for sure.

Last summer got rained out so they set us up on a gravel street, there were people within ten feet on each side, no barrier and did I say on gravel!!!

Photo in the avatar was taken there.

Pretty much the same as at this pull. Only the ditch separating the track from the onlookers. Looks like you guys were pretty close by your picture.

Have had to pull a stone boat at a local fair when the sled broke. That was miserable. Never again. And we did a 3 event series at a dirt track. Track had fell off hard to the right and ended with a right turn. Can't complain too much still got to hook to the sled

I backed up to a sled once the guy while holding his beer hooked the chain and turned around and sat down then waved for me to take off! It was an old transfer sled with concrete barrels in the weight box and on the pan. Place was so dusty I couldn't see the sled. Think I went like 400ft and let out of it. lol good times with the redline box!

Back