buddys 04 threw a couple codes

D Twigg

Starting to understand
Ok so my buddys truck is acting funny. With hard throttle it won't shift unless he pulls his foot out then gets back in. Under light throttle its fine. When it does act it throws these codes: P0101, P1093, and P1621. What are these codes and what could the problem with the trans possibly be? He told me he doesn't remember if it's throw other codes or not but we will be looking for them

Thanks guys Twigg

P0101 - MAF Sensor Performance
P1621 - Control Module Long Term Memory Performance
P1093 is a low rail pressure code.
If he has efilive he can try loading the tune again and see if it fixs the 1621 code. I use to throw a 1093 a lot (before dual fuelers) it just means he's commanding more fuel than he is able to get. Dirty fuel filters can restict flow...a lift pump would definitely help him on pushing the fuel he needs to the cp3.

ok thanks. what could be a possible cause of the tranny problem? He has a bully dog programer for it so. should i tell him to try reloading it for the 1621 code?

Have him change the fuel filter. Odds are that will fix the 1093 which is most likely causing the funky shifts. Fuel filter should be changed out every 10k miles at a minimum.

Back