Budget 6.70 drag truck build!!

Wow, that's light!

Yea I’m happy with it. Still a easy 3-400 left to come off of the front aswell. Should be 5 lug swapping the truck this next week and will finally be able to run my billet 15x4 wheels! And have a manual rack and pinion setup waiting to be put on just have to get the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice drop in ET there! Pretty impressed with the weight loss.

Yea I was happy with it. Gonna see how it does tomorrow. Bumped timing on up to 34 and also before I had a stock manifold with t3-t4 adapter and it leaked bad. A friend loaned me his t4 steed that he isn’t using anymore! So we will see what happens this weekend. That’s still fuel only, as soon as I have time to go get the bottle filled she should come to life.

How many jets do you plan to run and what size when you spray it? What is your fuel set to?

How many jets do you plan to run and what size when you spray it? What is your fuel set to?

I honesty don’t know on the fuel. It’s just a 180 pump I racked myself. Currently doesn’t have a afc on it. And injectors are 5x22s. I’m gonna start with a single 052 and keep going up until it cleans up the fuel. It’s very smoky now.

I honesty don’t know on the fuel. It’s just a 180 pump I racked myself. Currently doesn’t have a afc on it. And injectors are 5x22s. I’m gonna start with a single 052 and keep going up until it cleans up the fuel. It’s very smoky now.

When I sprayed my little compounds with my 12mm pump a .052 jet got me about 40-50hp. If you want to clean up all that smoke you will need a lot more spray than that.

Ended up running my best pas overall. Et was only 7.40 at 90 however I went 1.60 60ft and 4.5 to the 330. Would of very well been a 6 second pass. But of course I mess up the 2-3 shift. First time I’ve done that in a month. But oh well.

Great to hear things are improving. What’s the deal with the 2-3 shift? Your running a manual vb right? Just curious because I’m thinking about going with a manual vb.

Great to hear things are improving. What’s the deal with the 2-3 shift? Your running a manual vb right? Just curious because I’m thinking about going with a manual vb.

Yes it is. The two outlaw once in 3rd it doesn’t lock out neutral. Unless you hold the lever the whole time. Honestly it was all just a personal mistake guess I got antsy cause I knew it was a good pass lol.

Hopefully be losing some more weight off the front end this week! Picking up a 1500 truck and gonna rob all the 5 lug stuff from it so I can run my billet 15x4 wheels. I’ll loose over 100lbs just in wheel weight.

Id just go aftermarket and upgrade the axles and such while you have it apart.

Here’s some pics of the donor truck. Bed is in decent shape can probably get my money back from the bed alone.
5965783e0cc9d03fe7ad7ce4170473e9.jpg

a42b77aec02265e2bd8bf05af8d58020.jpg
c10b22f1402160fc50ef8bcce904d491.jpg

Doesnt look any lighter in the pics. I can see big steel upper A-arms. Blake, are you just changing the front hubs and wheels?

I understood he is going 5 lug to be able to run a lighter wheel.
Do the 1500 and 2500 2wd share the same A arms? Be nice if all a guy had to do was a knuckle swap.

Back