Budget 6.70 drag truck build!!

The road leaving my house. Might be a bit before we can go for a test drive
781ee78cb90105f6cef2a5dc1925663e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The road leaving my house. Might be a bit before we can go for a test drive
781ee78cb90105f6cef2a5dc1925663e.jpg

Looks like trying to leave our house! Thankfully we have another (longer) way out.

Attachments

• 03B10661-2926-4B0F-90F0-4B0CEB4F524D.jpg
    03B10661-2926-4B0F-90F0-4B0CEB4F524D.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 0
Since weather is bad and truck won’t be able to be drove today figured I’d clean up on some of the wiring
e19abea3c4c8cac8c893e8f50da12d28.jpg

With the weather being as it has still haven’t been able to test drive the truck. But however I figured I’d use the time to mess with some other things. Started getting bed mounts made up. I ended up taking some 3/8 round bar and making little post out of the back of the cab for the bedsides to slide onto making it easier to mount and remove when I’m by myself you can kinda see them in the last picture. Gonna try to get it moving tonight after I get off work.
d895c32c0659ccb7fc9508b6d52c16f3.jpg

d87dffdce5ae72a8bd3e1f8f07747a11.jpg

eff8b9c0ee4a79b640b18c7a831bf835.jpg

Went to start the truck last night and go for a test drive in Mexico of course. And needless to say ran into issue after issue. Currently chasing a issue that’s keeping the starter from turning over quick enough. It was fine before I moved the batt to rear of truck. I’m not sure if it’s a bad connection or what. I’m beginning to wonder if the starter has gone bad.

Went to start the truck last night and go for a test drive in Mexico of course. And needless to say ran into issue after issue. Currently chasing a issue that’s keeping the starter from turning over quick enough. It was fine before I moved the batt to rear of truck. I’m not sure if it’s a bad connection or what. I’m beginning to wonder if the starter has gone bad.

I had to go to a big commercial battery with a lot of cranking amps and 0 gauge wire when I move battery to the back of the bed.

I had to go to a big commercial battery with a lot of cranking amps and 0 gauge wire when I move battery to the back of the bed.

Right now I’ve got a big tractor batt. 1150 cca and I used 1/0 cable
What did you do for your ground? I think that’s my problem. I just ran a ground from block to frame and one from the frame to the batt

I run my ground to the frame, hasn't been an issue for me.

Hmm. Did you ground yours to the same side frame rail? Not that it should matter. Just not sure why it’s wanting to crank slow. Everyone said ground was my problem

When you put a jumper box onto it, does the starter spin faster?

Back