Budget racer

FV SarahBrent

Bluewater
Spent a pile of money on LB7 ,haveing fun raceing with my son. However now he has lost intrest and has gone to school. Looking to build 500HP truck to have some fun with at our local 1/8 track. Any ideas for a ole 1st. gen? VE pump already maxed.

what all have you done to the pump? What Year is the truck, manual or auto. Injector? Inter cooled or not. They seem to like water meth.

500 hp either takes so good injectors, a lot of tuning, a lot of turbo, etc. Or.....nitrous. Me, I'd go the nitrous route, cheaper and easier.

1991.5 intercooled automatic stock turbo and injectors VE pump tweaked denny T fuel pin. If swordfishing is good this fall I will upgrade tranny....

You wont get 500hp with the stock ve pump. have to upgrade but other than that fuel and air would definately get you 500hp

P-Pump, Lift Pump, Bigger Injectors, Bigger Turbo, 4k gsk, stiffer valve springs...500hp is alot for a first gen im looking forward to updates on this truck...hopefully one day mine will reach the 500 mark...good luck keep us updated

You wont get 500hp with the stock ve pump. have to upgrade but other than that fuel and air would definately get you 500hp

P-Pump, Lift Pump, Bigger Injectors, Bigger Turbo, 4k gsk, stiffer valve springs...500hp is alot for a first gen im looking forward to updates on this truck...hopefully one day mine will reach the 500 mark...good luck keep us updated

500 is not unreachable with a factory 12mm VE

14mm H/R
62/71/14 S300
6X.016's or 6X.018's
Lots O' Timing
Good electric lift pump
Bigger fuel lines
Either a Goerend 518, or a full built Goerend 47rh
Slicks

Are you looking to do this on fuel only (the proper way) or do you wanna cheat?

Back