building 47re need help deciding on shafts

ctdthrasher

Got all the parts i need for my tranny except shafts. So far i have a goerend master rebuild kit, triple tc, flexplate, vb, and pan. Getting tcs canada input and output shafts. Couple questions here. I noticed the tcs input is a 2 piece billet-should i get that or a 1 piece? And also the intermediate-do i need one? I read that the stocker can break at 500hp then i read a post where remax claims all billet intermediates are no better than stock. What to do?
Truck is a 98 12v on 33s, not lifted, and is a dd/hot street/casual track rig. Absolutely no towing. Will b getting a 62 right after this trans is done then adding a 78 under it to shoot for 750hp. Please advise....:bow:

I favor the one piece inputs. And everyone will have different opinions on intermediate shafts... It basically all comes down to what the circumstances are to be able to say if a stock shaft will break or not. I had a 64/74-14 on my truck and made 518/907 and drove that setup for years (DD, towing, racing, 4wd launches, etc) and never had a problem with my stock shaft. I then updated my setup to a maxed 180 pump and a single S475 and still ran that same stock shaft until my trans was removed for an inspection and rebuild and I replaced the intermediate with a billet one for peace of mind. Just my .02

Truck weight, 4x4 vs 2wd, single charger vs compounds, VB setup, boosted launches?, etc... all factor into it.

Some argue a stock intermediate is "better" in some ways given it can flex and absorb some shock better. I do not know that to be fact at all.

Call phil at DPC he may be able to help you make a decision and sell you some parts.

Back