Building twin's need help...

Samaras Diesel

Billet steel
I'm building a set of twins, first of all this truck doesn't sled pull, drag race, or anything like that it's a daily driver, gets me to and from work and I beat around town in it to get parts. I do pull a trailer, (40ft dual tandem cattle trailer) what I'm needing help with is decideing on what primary and secondary I need to still go fast when I beating around, but haul a$$ and keep egt's low when pulling my trailer... For fueling, I have an edge juice with attitude, and 6x.013 injectors fromJL machine, and the edge is hot unlocked, an air dog 150 feeds the s.o. Vp44 fuel I can't decide if I want to put an s400 under my hx35 that's only got about 30k miles on the rebuild and billet wheel, or use an s362 or even an s300g over an s470-s472 I need help and don't want to build this kit more then once, any advice is appreciated greatly..... And have gauges to monitor boost, egts and fuel pressure.

My favorite street twins are 35/40 over 3B. I would put that setup on a street truck in a heart beat. Your other options are not bad either. Truck need to tow?

Might not get many answered here on a daily driver with no intention for competition. This is competition diesel ; )

I have thought about an ht3b over my 35 but parts for a 35 over s400 are much Easter to locate for me in my area, hole set parts are scarce locally... And I want to have easy access to rebuild kits as I sense I will blow a couple turbo's up in this process of building these compounds.... And I understand, and I may of needed to put this in the towing/hauling section , I just thought with it being a question on witch primary turbocharger I should use it would be best suited for the turbocharger/supercharger section , the mods are free to move me to where ever is best suited for my post...

Where would I get a kit to do this? I physically don't have the time to build my own, I work 60-70 hours a week....

I don't think Carl offered a hx/s400 kit last I looked but source auto does give bill a call and he will get you all you need.

I don't think Carl offered a hx/s400 kit last I looked but source auto does give bill a call and he will get you all you need.

Carl does I priced it a few weeks ago plan on running this same set up on my towing truck:poke:

carl's stuff is spot on, perfect fit, and no need to run for parts, they all come included.

I'm talking about putting my hx35 over an s300 based 66/74/16 non gated turbo? Will the pipeing work even though y'all are talking about s400's?

Sorry for this mis understanding... I have a Scheid diesel lightning 66/74/16 non gated that I'm wanting to use with my 60mm hx35 to make a set of small towing twins. I'm just wondering where I would get a hot pipe for this type of set up?

Ask Carl, he built me something particular a while back. Do you have any fabrication skills?

I can tig weld and I'm a tool maker in a factory equipt with a full Cnc tool room, now getting time to play in the tool room is slim to none.... But yes I have the skills and ability to get the parts made. Why do you ask?

Because I would just buy some metal and start welding. Keating Machine sells some nice T4 flanges.

Id rather just spend the coin and get stood kit... And not worry about everything being perfect because I'm picky when I fab something like that....

Where would I get a kit to do this? I physically don't have the time to build my own, I work 60-70 hours a week....

I work 12 hour days in a nonrelated field, but sometimes it just easier to fab something than it is to find it. Especially if you have the skills.

I'm talking about putting my hx35 over an s300 based 66/74/16 non gated turbo? Will the pipeing work even though y'all are talking about s400's?

BD makes the closest thing, but they use a S300/S300 system. IMO, the 16cm housing is a bit small for the primary. If you dig around, the S464/83/1.10 T6 can be pretty cheap and then would be a bolt-in for the kits.

I would say keep the 35 and add the s475. It's a sweet and easy set up. It helps to know people when getting piping too.

I want to say... I had a brain fart when i started this thread... I now have a 66mm scheid lightning turbocharger with a 66mm inducer, 74mm exst. Wheel, and a 16cm houseing. Non-gated. Im going to use as the primary any idea where to buy or how to build twin turbo pipeing... I hate to ask such as broad question becaues i know im going to get beat with opinions, and slurs. Im a very capable tig welder, as well as a machinest in a factorey and have acsess to this equipment after hours... Any deign segestions, materials to use, anything is helpful...

Back