Bullseye tunable race cover

The only thing I cared about in that was the ability to switch outlets so you don't have to cut and weld. I suppose big hp guys might care about the inlet stuff, but to me it looks like another money making scheme from bullseye.

Wow, I am thinking tech just got a lot harder!

Or cheating alot easier!

Looks like a set screw, there is a hole in it if you watch closely. Maybe I'm on something but that's what I saw.:hehe:

Wow, I am thinking tech just got a lot harder!

Or cheating alot easier!

Toyota used that in group-A rally cars 20 years ago, it was called the cheat of the century, they sucked air past the restrictor with similar system.

Sorry i'm, i know it's probably a newbie? On the inlet side, how much of a difference would it actually make on the map of the turbo. Definately like the outlet idea though.

Need to mill teeth onto that and attach a small motor so you can adjust on the fly. Hook it up to a computer with some tickle by wire magic and ta da.

if it's not outlawed next year, you will see it from other people. Really for how simple it is, and how easily you can cheat with it, i am surprised i didn't see it before.

Those are their normal fixed turbos. That new turbo is only needed in restricted cheater turbo classes, it has almost nothing to do with MWE function, seems like its in the wrong place.

The groove is in the same location as our standard covers' MWE grooves.

Jack

if it's not outlawed next year, you will see it from other people. Really for how simple it is, and how easily you can cheat with it, i am surprised i didn't see it before.

Unfortunately, anyone can cheat with anything. But there is no reason a tech inspection could not measure what the competitor has the groove width set to with this cover just like they do with any other cover. Each full turn is 1/16" so measuring is actually quite easy.

One of the main motivation for this cover was that a person running a MWE groove size limited class could fit the rules, then change it on the street or for different classes without buying multiple compressor covers.

Jack

Last edited:
It gets around the "no forward facing map groove" rule LOL

Airflow across the threads is going to be less than desirable, but the benefits may outweigh that drawback for some.

Back