Bully Dog & Fog Lights??

dodgediesel

Canadian Diesel Guy
I was wondering if someone could help me out here. I'm trying to get my fog lights turned on with my high beams but the dealer won't switch it here in Canada. I was told the Bully Dog programmers can do this but I run a smarty. I'm wondering if I go back to stock with my Smarty, will the Bully Dog be able to allow me to turn on this feature? Also, will I be able to reload my Smarty back in after I plug a Bully Dog into my 07 5.9L? Thanks for any help/opinions...:thankyou2:

do some research on the BD before you do it. Yes, the BD will let you have running lights but, if you don't take everything on the BD back to stock.... including the fog light feature, the BD will be VIN locked to your truck. If you load the Smarty, there will still be BD software in the truck which can cause not so good issues. You also wouldn't be able to sell the BD to just use the Smarty unless it's totally removed.

Nah. I changed those features using a BDTD. Took the BD off and left those features activated. Went to Smarty. I wasn't ECM locked.

Nah. I changed those features using a BDTD. Took the BD off and left those features activated. Went to Smarty. I wasn't ECM locked.

You didn't read what I said. Do that and try to load the BD on another truck... you'll see what I mean.

Sure I did. But it shouldn't be locked out of one if it's not locked into another should it? Crap. I gotta take that thing off before I sell it.

by just going back to stock on the BD doesn't take it totally out of the system. You have to manually return everything you changed from stock in the BD including running lights. Don't do this and sell the BD, you'll be hearing from the person you sold it to saying they can't load it in their truck.

Wow. It doesn't have a "return to stock" type setting. I hope I can remember what ones I changed.

I've loaded my BD on my buddies truck with my lights and other stuff set and had no problems.

on my 05 I used to have the bullydog, and I have a smarty now and I still have the cruise control idle, and the fog light/highbeam functions. No problems.....

I don't know what the difference is in what you guys experienced but, I had a BDDL that had no where near the power the Smarty did so I sold it. I forgot to take several things back to stock manually and when the person I sold it to tried to load it on his truck.... it was VIN locked to mine. He had to send it back to me so I could reload it and manually change back anything that was changed.... this was per BD. Just going back to stock software didn't work.

I don't know what the difference is in what you guys experienced but, I had a BDDL that had no where near the power the Smarty did so I sold it. I forgot to take several things back to stock manually and when the person I sold it to tried to load it on his truck.... it was VIN locked to mine. He had to send it back to me so I could reload it and manually change back anything that was changed.... this was per BD. Just going back to stock software didn't work.

well i guess my Bullydog was different than yours cause when I bought my smarty I sold the Bullydog to a buddys and it loaded right up. Who knows:bang

It worked no problem and it was actually Vin locked to a Ford. I didn't even need to load the dodge program into my truck, I just plugged it in and went to truck options and changed it. Took about 1 minute. Thanks guys:)

I have the bdtd where is this option and which version? I have the scary Larry edition. Thanks guys

does anyone know the version bdtd this was to turn the fog lamps on with the high beams?

I just updated it with the latest update from the Bully Dog website and it worked perfect.

this thread is awesome...

I used a Bully Dog to change options on my truck such as allow fog lights with brights, etc. while I had my Smarty loaded to the truck!

out of fear, I unloaded the Smarty, then re-loaded it... no problems...

and, of course, the Bully Dog loaded just fine to another truck... when you change these other options w/ the Bully Dog, it doesn't lock to the truck

Back