BULLYDOG FREEZING Up

cumminsbus

Reconstruction Era
I just got done putting in the new injectors and when I went to reload the bully dog on my truck it froze up. I can not get it to load past 72% each time I try to do the recover mode it will not reload completely it usually stops at like 61 62 or 72%. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

try pulling the fass fuse and the abs fuses. I hope this helps

I have my fass completly unpluged. Should I pull the abs fuse out while I am loading it??

Im tired of this bullydog piece of S HIT

No sure, but a lot of time when downloaders are reprogramming the ecm, it is voltage sensitive. I'm guessing that is the reason why Bob mentioned pulling the fuses. You may want to check battery voltage

Is this on a triple dog or PMT. my pmt did this on me also and i had to hook it to my laptop and reset the unit. I agree with the POS remark fully

I am afraid to hook it up to the computer because I have crazy larry on it with the torq management off. any ideas on how I can save my crazy larry? Im going out now to try and pull the abs fuse

I have no clue, you should be able to save it to a file on your computer or something. I don't have much experience with the TD

Mine fails every time if I try to raise the Speed limit/Rev limit. Try disconnecting the batteries for an hour or so, then load in the basic level w/o adding any options...

I was on the phone with bullydog for 2 and a half hours today and nothing was solved. They told me the version I had on my box wasnt a realy version?? lol how does that happen? Then they realize that I wasnt the EPA I told them the truck and they remembered building the tune for me. Had to end the phone call short due to a final exam at school. I will be contacting them in the morning. Hopefully they can fix it.

Interesting note: After the programmer freezes and I try to start the truck it just cranks and cranks. Then if I leave the key in the off position and load the program with the key off it will load all the way but then when it comes to the initialization screen it freezes on number 1. I simply unplug the programmer and the truck starts right up every time.

Does anyone have any clue at all?

I still cant get the bullydog on the truck. When the programmer is loading the tune There is a clicking noise and then the programmer frezes up. ANyone have any ideas? I am just needing to get the programmer on untill I have enough money to get me smarty.

that clicking is the abs module under the drivers side battery. what version are you running? make sure the trucks battery's are completely charges,pull the abs fuse, make sure everything is off even door close and try it again.

I am running 2.4.4c it is suppose to be the only tune like it according to bullydog. What fuse number is the abs fuse> I know that there are like 3 different fuses i believe.

Bob, Where did your post go???? I thought it was funny!!! LOL

Buy a Smarty!!!

you should be able to load all files from your bullydog on a saved disk, then reset the programmer then return all files back to the progrrammer

flash the bullydog to a different version and try again. I've owned many triple dogs and have dealt with even more.....never had any issues. if you are careful about the voltage and do everything right, i don't see why you should have any problems.

flash the bullydog to a different version and try again. I've owned many triple dogs and have dealt with even more.....never had any issues. if you are careful about the voltage and do everything right, i don't see why you should have any problems.

It just started giving me trouble when I put my silver 66 on. I am thinking it may be a voltage issue with boost fooler that came with the turbo.. Im just ready to get a smarty on hopefully It wont be as sensitive

Back