Burnt Piston, head, and block. Help!!!

Light It Up

Hey guys I got a buddy that had a set of Industrial Injection 50hp injectors and # 1 piston, bore, and head is FCKED. We thought #1 injector when full fuel. My buddy is the Service Technician for Cummins Central Power. He tested all the injectors and said # had a weird popoff chatter unlike all the rest so we sent them to Industrail Injection to see what they thought and they claim they all are perfect. We sent them pictures of the the carnage and the guys said that from our pictures our head is a 9MM and the injectors are 7mm nozzles which would cause the injector to be offset and not centerd. Our head is a 7mm head so thats not the reason. What else could cause this? Hx40 turbo and water meth are the other mods. Any help would be great. Thanks

1992 is a 7mm head.

Don't know what to tell ya about the Industrial Injection point of view.

- How much W/M?
- Any head studs / O-rings?
- How much injection event timing advance?
- Intercooled?
- How hard are you pushing the HX40? What size exhaust housing?

You can do the same damage to a stock truck, so I doubt the injectors are at fault. Most likely operator error/lack of keeping an eye on the pryometer or lack there of.

I agree i have a 90 motor that was stock i mean noting toched and the #1 piston was cooked.

Back