bus motors

redneckroot

It must not have spark
I have a guy that is wanting me to buy around 8 p pumped bus motors off of him. I haven't had a chance to go check them out yet. What I want to know before I go there is what are the differences between them and truck ones? Pumps? If so are there any good bus pumps to look for? Timing cover the same? If I get them the plan is to be able to part them out and make some money, with that said what is one worth together/ in parts? Thanks.

they are 5.9's from what he says. Like I said I haven't gone and looked at them yet. Just trying to find out some more info before I do.

Depends on the condition and such. You need to make sure they are P7100 and not A pumps.

Manifolds are different, some may have air compressors instead of ps pumps, may alt mounting is different sometimes, and they may not have an A/C bracket.

That said, I would be interested in some parts.

What does an A pump look like? What are the better P7100 pump numbers?

887 and 913 are the better ones (debatable)

A pump looks similar to a ppump but it is thinner and has a slight taper going up the body to the DV holders. Or something like that.

I just talked to him today he said that most of them have the trannys still attached and come with them. When he gets back in town I'll go over there and see what he's got. If anyone knows anything else that I should know that'd be great.

Likely allisons. If you get them let me know what you would want for a complete engine.

motor mounts are different,(minus two sets of bolt holes)
No A/C brackets
you have to deal with the air compressor, power steering pump is bolted behind it.
The Exhaust manifold is 90 degrees
Oil pan sump is on opposite end
Fan bracket is different

Find out if they were front or rear mount (fan will push or pull)
All of these are minor setbacks. I would like a chance at one if you go through with the purchase.

the bus motors if they are anything like mine have the industrial manifold that is similar to the CR engines dumps at the back at 90*.

more than likely if they did like when i purchased mine it has the allison at545 attached to it possibly 2 ac compressors and an air compressor still attached.

mine also had a larger volume pan that was just like the pickup but longer sump and shorter pick up tube.

the thermostat housing is different and the intake tube connects different (which you can just remove and put on a dodge intake horn and thermostat housing).

the injection pump is possibly similar as mine which was similar as a 160 which i am not sure if they had the plungers with the cut helix like the 215 pumps or not but mine has the cut plungers.

might check also mine has the newer cover which doesnt need to have the KDP tab put in.

mine was considered a 190hp cummins i didnt not have a id plate on the side so i cant confirm it just know that mine is kind of different from others. everything is interchangeable but just from the way i have set mine up i have had several different responses from the mods to it.

Back