Buy or run in need of some buying help

NELSON359

trying to keep up
There is a guy at my work that is thinking about selling his 03 ccsb 4x4 lb7 it has 210k miles, he is gettin fuel in his oil and the local guy he knows, told him that he needs all 8 injectors and injector cups, told him 4 grand and he wants to sell it and get a newer one. He asked me if I wanted to buy it for 8,000 what do yal think about this I am in need of a good hunting truck and beater. I can do the cups no problem and I would look in to the injector side of the story I'm not buyin that all 8 are bad but I don't know. Any help would be great the truck has no rust some dents and been keyed, inside no rips and is a smoker.

What would be my best bet on injectors just did some searching and it seems doing all 8 might not be a bad idea if there are some messed up. The man said that the only thing he has ever done and changed oil nothing Els he said he hasn't even looked at the air filter before.

You can get GM/Bosch remans for $200 a piece from http://www.partszoneonline.com and swap them yourself. I wouldn't bother putting new cups in, but you can reseal them if you want. It's probably not necessary though.

Well with him getting fuel in the oil I'm guessing could have cracked cup that's the only reason why I said do the cup.

He's getting fuel in the oil because the bodies of the injectors have cracked most likely, common lb7 issue. Lb7 duramax's have garbage injectors so it most likely does need the majority of them changed. I wouldnt buy new cups, just re seal the old ones. and i would only do that if you manage to pull a cup out with an injector.

He's getting fuel in the oil because the bodies of the injectors have cracked most likely, common lb7 issue. Lb7 duramax's have garbage injectors so it most likely does need the majority of them changed. I wouldnt buy new cups, just re seal the old ones. and i would only do that if you manage to pull a cup out with an injector.

ok that sounds like a plan, time to do some more searching if all goes well I should have the truck next week end as long as he finds another truck. This will be truck number 4 time to sell my 1500 gaser that i do not drive.

200k plus mileage and no maintence? Run away from that truck. Not sure how it's even still running with 200k on the fuel and air filters.

To much money. Some people will disagree, but at 210k headgaskets in the future are a concern. If the injectors have been in there for a long time, you may just as well figure on resealing the cups anyhow, there is a good chance some of them will pull out with the injectors anyhow.

I'de say $5-$6k max for that truck.

Back