Buying some tires

Ph4tty

I'm nobody
For the dually. I'm tired of the mixed matched combo I have and the toyo AT's didn't hold up to my level of abuse. I want a hard rubber that will stand up to some miles with a few rolling burnouts in the mix, while still offering a semi aggressive thread so I don't get my stupid rwd stuck. Here's what I have it narrowed down to:

Cooper ST
discvr_st.jpg

Toyo M55
m55_th.jpg

Can anyone tell me what happens if you run a tire rated at 87 mph at 100 mph or so from time to time?? :doh:

I have the Cooper S/T, and with 35k hard miles (no burnouts) they are about at half tread. I've been real happy with them.

Can anyone tell me what happens if you run a tire rated at 87 mph at 100 mph or so from time to time?? :doh:
Not that I've ever done it, but nothing in my experience:evil

Toyo M55s might as well be built out of iron. They're hard and they howl, but I had a set on my last work truck and I put over 40,000 miles on them. They still had probably another 15-20,000 miles left. I was working on a location where everybody had to be dragged half a mile by Cat because of the mud, and I was the only one able to drive in and out with those tires. I've got Cooper SST's on my new work truck. They're not nearly as rough and are a little quieter, but I don't know if they're as good in the mud (though I haven't had a chance to test them in similar conditions).

The STTs rock in the mud. A buddy of mine has them on his MegaCab, it is amazing how well they work in sloppy stuff.

Well I ordered the Toyo M55's, the delivery man shows up with AT's and wants me to pay the same price when the AT's retail for $60 less (x6) :badidea:

I send them back and am told I can get some Cooper AT's for the same price. I ask for the ST's, I come back and he has ATR's :redx::redx::redx:

Long story short I checked the specs and warranty and decided to give them a go. They suck so far driving mountains and interstates in the rain, but maybe they still haven't broken in =\ Way to easy to fishtail on the interstate :charger:

Back