Byron Dragway, Oct 27th

For the most part it was a lot of 12-14 second trucks, How was the Bracket racing set up, I had a friend that wanted to be in the bracket racing but was never figured out how to get in. We thought racing had ended and then all of a sudden they announced the bracket racing was going to start and he didn't get a chance to participate.

I kinda thought the same thing, I never heard an announcement to sign up for it either

There was a brief one. At intermission, i walked up to the tower to ask about the bracket racing. You had to sign up with the gal selling t-shirts. After i asked, they made an announcement.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

They announced the brackets about 5 times. I made my 4th pass then signed up. At most tracks you can go to the tower and ask if you have questions or the folks running the lanes can radio anyone on the track to find out. Worst case scenario they send you to the tower.

There were only 5 or 6 of us faster than 12 seconds and 2 of which ended up breaking. A fast four would have been cool but I think the T&C truck hurt a turbo the last run against me. Which sucks because its a nice truck and pretty damn fast.

Byron is one of the better tracks I have been to as far as announcer, track crew, and track prep. Hats off to them and I look forward to next year at either the sping event or the fall if not both.

Guess I will have to pay attention better next time, must have been the cold and lack of sleep getting to me.

I really wanted to be present at this event,But I had to be in Portage WI Thursday and Friday morning and Back Home Friday Night, I was just to tired to make it.

They announced the brackets about 5 times. I made my 4th pass then signed up. At most tracks you can go to the tower and ask if you have questions or the folks running the lanes can radio anyone on the track to find out. Worst case scenario they send you to the tower.

There were only 5 or 6 of us faster than 12 seconds and 2 of which ended up breaking. A fast four would have been cool but I think the T&C truck hurt a turbo the last run against me. Which sucks because its a nice truck and pretty damn fast.

Byron is one of the better tracks I have been to as far as announcer, track crew, and track prep. Hats off to them and I look forward to next year at either the sping event or the fall if not both.

I didn't mean to come off like I was bad mouthing Byron, it was a nice clean track and almost everyone there was real polite. I was working on my truck and a couple others so I wasn't paying a lot of attention so that's probably why I missed the announcement. I had three friends with me that put up an 11, so I think your count is a little light ....

Last edited:
I didn't mean to come off like I was bad mouthing Byron, it was a nice clean track and almost everyone there was real polite. I was working on my truck and a couple others so I wasn't paying a lot of attention so that's probably why I missed the announcement. I had three friends with me that put up an 11, so I think your count is a little light ....

And I didn't mean t osound like a dick. I didn't get to watch everyone make a pass either. So you're probably right, I probably missed some faster trucks.

I had a great time and it was a good turn out.
Did anyone get any good video of my truck? I'm looking for different angles to see if I can get the suspension dialed in a little better.
Thanks
Here is a video I made from Byron.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TspLVM7-Bo"]1969 C10 Duramax slow motion of start - YouTube[/ame]

And I didn't mean t osound like a dick. I didn't get to watch everyone make a pass either. So you're probably right, I probably missed some faster trucks.

Yeah with that many trucks there I didn't get to see a whole lot either. Between sitting in the staging lanes and tweaking trucks in our pit area I feel like I missed a lot. With that many trucks you might only catch one run of a truck and that might be his worst run (or the idiot driving might have forget to put it in 4wd like I did one pass lol.)

I did happen to hear the announcer say "what's that Corvette doing in the diesel staging lanes? Does he know he's in the wrong lane? What? It's got a diesel in it, are you kidding me?" Lol

Did anyone get any good video of my truck? I'm looking for different angles to see if I can get the suspension dialed in a little better.
Thanks
1969 C10 Duramax slow motion of start - YouTube

Scott (blksmoke7 on dd) has a bunch of video, I'm sure you're on it Brett. He told me yesterday he was having trouble editing it so hopefully he will have it up soon

Thanks
1969 C10 Duramax slow motion of start - YouTube

You have a sweet truck, what did it break on your last run?

Yeah with that many trucks there I didn't get to see a whole lot either. Between sitting in the staging lanes and tweaking trucks in our pit area I feel like I missed a lot. With that many trucks you might only catch one run of a truck and that might be his worst run (or the idiot driving might have forget to put it in 4wd like I did one pass lol.)

I did happen to hear the announcer say "what's that Corvette doing in the diesel staging lanes? Does he know he's in the wrong lane? What? It's got a diesel in it, are you kidding me?" Lol

Scott (blksmoke7 on dd) has a bunch of video, I'm sure you're on it Brett. He told me yesterday he was having trouble editing it so hopefully he will have it up soon

Or put the shifter in the wrong hole and stay in a gear too long, guilty of that myself lol.

I heard him announce that too, guy was pretty cool when I went to the tower for the "Most Unique" Vehicle trophy. I really like announcers like that that really get into the day and aren't dull and boring. Makes sitting in the lanes less boring. I wish I would have known he would be such a cut up cuz I only heard some of what he said about the C10, our car, and the others.

I was annoyed with him by the end of the day, but then again I am easily annoyed by most announcers sled pulling, drag racing, football, basketball all of them.

Sent from My phone while the Boss wasn't looking.

At least it isn't the same "Once the smoke turns black, it goes down the track" for every diesel powered vehicle.

O and not sure if anyone cares but that blue lifted suburban had a 12v and an NV4500 in it I forgot to post the couple pictures of it I had.

O and not sure if anyone cares but that blue lifted suburban had a 12v and an NV4500 in it I forgot to post the couple pictures of it I had.

he's a buddy of mine, that's his second swap. he just bought a 78 chevy crew cab dually for his next swap.

Rob is a pretty good guy, he works at the same place as my Dad, that was the first time I met him. My Dad had been talking about the suburban for weeks so I was glad to finally see it.

The track was hooking so good I put it on my big tune to see if I could get a 8.99 and when I hit 3rd gear my input shaft broke on the trans. Thank god for rev limiters. My datalog said I hit 5500rpm.

pretty decent turnout, was happy to talk to a few of the guys. going down with a decent group of people was a plus. it was sad to see layden break before making a pass.

Back