cage builders

cbtoyz

Vaginatarian
I need to get a cage put in my project. Does anybody have any recommendations in Oregon or the Northern California area?

Yeah, that's where I got my backhalf kit from. I tackled the backhalf, but I feel like I should get a cage installed by someone who has done it before.

I understand that. Don't do it if your not comfortable doing it. Safety is number 1!

I'll ask around at the track. The guy I used to recommend has since passed away, not sure if his employees continued (could not find anything online so I suspect they closed up).

Get a hold of Cole Dow. He did the cage on the Ramcharger for J&H. I am going to have him do the cage on mine when I'm ready. He does great work but he is in Sacramento.

Joe

Like Joe said Cole can do it, I also have a guy in the Concord area he is prob one of the best fab guys in CA.

The guy that did Paul breedloves did a very nice job! I think he may be in boise though, but if your ever around that truck look at the cage, what you can see of it anyways! It's behind most the interior panels

Get a hold of Cole Dow. He did the cage on the Ramcharger for J&H. I am going to have him do the cage on mine when I'm ready. He does great work but he is in Sacramento.

Joe

Like Joe said Cole can do it, I also have a guy in the Concord area he is prob one of the best fab guys in CA.

Cole and Cory do a really nice job. I have been in contact with them for the past several months but we have been having a hard time getting our schedules to line up. I still hope I can have them do the cage, but for now I am just looking for a plan B.

Bring your truck over here to Las Vegas..... I'll weld it up real good with my Harbor Freight Flux Core 110v welder!

On a side note, have you checked locally? Should be a bunch of good Jeep/ 4x4 rock crawler/ Baja Off Road race shops there in California that could build a safe roll cage.

On a side note, have you checked locally? Should be a bunch of good Jeep/ 4x4 rock crawler/ Baja Off Road race shops there in California that could build a safe roll cage.

I would be careful with this. Use someone that has done NHRA cert cages.

I would be careful with this. Use someone that has done NHRA cert cages.

8.50 spec NHRA cage is pretty basic compared to a lot of off road racing cage specs. With an NHRA rule book and some slight common sense they are pretty straight forward.

SFI 25.5 and better is where it becomes a little more challenging.

8.50 spec NHRA cage is pretty basic compared to a lot of off road racing cage specs. With an NHRA rule book and some slight common sense they are pretty straight forward.

SFI 25.5 and better is where it becomes a little more challenging.

I agree but I have seen many "reputable" shops build cages that would not cert even to 8.50. Like you said, the rulebook is pretty straightforward so it shouldn't happen. I think a lot of guys figure they've been building stuff for a while, don't need any stinkin' rulebook or instructions!

I agree but I have seen many "reputable" shops build cages that would not cert even to 8.50. Like you said, the rulebook is pretty straightforward so it shouldn't happen. I think a lot of guys figure they've been building stuff for a while, don't need any stinkin' rulebook or instructions!

It is unfortunate, but just like cages I see many reputable shops, screw up o-ringing a head, or checking clearances on mains, or even setting the pump timing on a 12v.

In a lot of areas it is sad the amount of money we pay in the diesel industry for the quality we get.

This is why I said what I said. Im big in to off road racing and know that not all 4wd shops can handle the task.

Last edited:
Back