California emission 2010 Ram

campNride

I was wondering what the difference is between a California emission model 6.7 diesel and one from Oregon. Does Oregon have similar emission regulations?? If not what is the difference?? I am looking at buying a truck here soon and was going to be getting it through Oregon but I am down in California. Do I have the one I want shipped up there to thier dealership in OR or pick a model off of thier lot in Oregon? Thanks for any info.

from what i believe, the new federal smog regulations for the 2010 trucks are 50 state approved, therefore the smog equipment on them should be the same regardless of state it is sold in. i could be wrong and correct me if i am, but thats my understanding

dont know if it still holds true but it used to be all trucks were 50 state compliant. The catch was that Cali trucks had a $400 certification sticker that allowed it into the state. The only thing the sticker ment was that the motor was smog checked instead of every so many off the line. The only way around the sticker was to take a truck with 7500+ miles then import to CA even though it had the same engine. Yet one more example why CA shouldnt be allowed to think or influence the other 49 states with their idiotic politics!

Back