Calling COMP461!

PRattenbury

Neophyte
I hear you are an ARP Master Supplier. I bought a tubular manifold, and I'd like to get some studs to hang it on my cylinder head with. Can you hook a brother up?

wonder why most headers come with 12 point bolts...

Beats the stuffins outta me. I've hung a couple manifolds in my time, and I certainly don't have fun trying to catch bolts in the cylinder head while holding a manifold in my other hand.

i think its cuz you can get to hex bolts easier with a cast manifold

easier than you can with a header

can always throw a stud on either end and 12 pnts for the hard to get ones

I dont think you will need ARP studs for your header, any stud from the auto parts will work just fine.

I used studs from a Volvo D12.. (Turbo to manifold studs) works great and are a good material.

wonder why most headers come with 12 point bolts...

Allot of times you will see them with a 12pt head that is actually one size smaller than the bolt should have just to make it easier to get a wrench/socket on... also with a 12pt head you dont have to be able to swing the wrench so far to get to the next flat spot. I have installed big tube headers that without the 12pt you would NEVER be able to tighten the bolt. :Cheer:

Allot of times you will see them with a 12pt head that is actually one size smaller than the bolt should have just to make it easier to get a wrench/socket on... also with a 12pt head you dont have to be able to swing the wrench so far to get to the next flat spot. I have installed big tube headers that without the 12pt you would NEVER be able to tighten the bolt. :Cheer:

Ratcheting wrenches, best invention EVER!!

I've had my Gearwrench brand ratcheting wrenches for about 6 years now, and I dont think I have used a regular box end wrench since.

The gearwrench brand arent much bigger than a standard boxend.

I've had my Gearwrench brand ratcheting wrenches for about 6 years now, and I dont think I have used a regular box end wrench since.

The gearwrench brand arent much bigger than a standard boxend.

Gear wrenches don't liked getting hit with a hammer though. The old fashioned combo wrench still has its place. But its getting fewer and farther between those places.

Back