Calling the caterpillar experts....

Mr.T

DPF's are gay
So this new truck I'm getting has a 550hp MXS in it, the fuel temp resistor mod has been done, but I hear there's a boost sensor mod too.....someone care to explain this to me?

All it will do is make it smoke, it is basically to fool the computer into fueling hard down low before the turbos light, there is no gain once the turbos have spooled up.

Holy sh1t.....its like a smoke switch! LOL

Seriously though, the guys that have done it say that the truck has much better throttle response and better driveability. Any truth to that?

Depending on what resistor you use, you can fool the ECM into thinking it is seeing boost which normally wouldn't be there in the lower rpm range, so it should allow maximum fuel from off idle. It may be more responsive, I am just basing it of the same principle as tuning the AFC on a mechanical engine.

Depending on what resistor you use, you can fool the ECM into thinking it is seeing boost which normally wouldn't be there in the lower rpm range, so it should allow maximum fuel from off idle. It may be more responsive, I am just basing it of the same principle as tuning the AFC on a mechanical engine.

You are correct, its just for smoke. It's the green wire on the boost sensor, can't remember the resistor value.

Mr.t, going from an ISX with a VGT to a Cat the Acert twins will seem slow to spool but you will get used to it. Mine seems laggy compared to a single charger 6NZ but side by side they pull the same.

So its not even worth trying, I don't want to be a class 8 flat biller LOL

I should make kits and sell them on eBay!

"acert caterpillar smoke switch"

:hehe:

Holy sh1t.....its like a smoke switch! LOL

Seriously though, the guys that have done it say that the truck has much better throttle response and better driveability. Any truth to that?

I just did the mod on one of our cat powered trucks the other day. If you use the right resistor throttle responce can be increased with out any noticible smoke. I used a 1.3k ohm resistor and the truck drives much better and there is no smoke

I put a resistor in the boost wire on a 2ws, it smokes a little but its way more responsive, runs more like a mechanical.

strong as horse, smart as tractor

So with the 1.3k ohm.....where do I put it and how do I do it?

I just did the mod on one of our cat powered trucks the other day. If you use the right resistor throttle responce can be increased with out any noticible smoke. I used a 1.3k ohm resistor and the truck drives much better and there is no smoke

same here, 3 of our log truck i have done this too.

i know people that run them and have talked to them about it and they have all said that if you use the right resistor and will help and not just be a smoke switch.

So with the 1.3k ohm.....where do I put it and how do I do it?

The map sensor is to the right of where the intake elbow bolts to the head. You want to cut the green wire comming from the sensor and then solder the resistor in line with it

I have an MXS also. I havent done the boost sensor mod, but before the tune I did the fuel temp sensor mod and shimmed the fuel pump to 110psi at 1800rpm. Made a very noticable difference. :)

Back