cam broke and 3 puchrods bent

cummin95

Concrete King/Welder
Well its finally happened motor took its last poop on me and it the time to rip it out and upgrade a little more. Im looking to run my silver bullet over a 83 or 88 and of course now i have to go through the motor. My question is what would you guys recommend how far of a build to go with the motor. Im not looking to go all hell bent and crazy but i would like a good solid motor capable of around 800. I had a cam studs and springs before and now im looking to go with the extra insurance but still keep the cost within reason.

Would it be worth going with a 6.7 bottom end with my head and and injectors.

I was thinkin maybe coated pistons
hamilton 188/220 cam
billet pushrods
maybe 12v rods if i can find a affordable set
keeping my injectors with a set of 180 hp nozzles
port and polished head maybe oringed if worth it on a dd

I may be missing some things i would appreciate any help or input fellas thanks.

I'd stick with the 5.9 bottom end. I started a higher performance 6.7 build 2 years ago and by the time I got all the parts and started getting the machine work done it's come out that they are not able to hold up to the same power levels as the 5.9. I just lowered my expectations and plan on it being a grossly overpriced daily driver motor. That being said 800hp should be no problem for either.

good deal i was leaning more that way already from some reading. Next question and i know its been asked to many times but searching this question on here and all that can be found is a big arguement and a bunch of confusion. Should i keep 04.5 or go 03-04 piston either way there getting coated

Back