Cam gear retainer bolt

wagoneer

I have Fletcher DP3 cam. When I order this cam I remember that it was discussed but apparently I either did not understand or could not express myself correctly in phone(English is not my home language) do make this in first place.
So now I put together my new engine and I like to do this gear retainer on cam.
if anyone could tell me the bolt size/info (diameter and length). And what the diameter and thickness on washer?

Thanks for any help

Just Tig weld it on. I don't trust a retainer, they will come loose. Even with red locktite.

The cam gear sits backon the cam to far for a flat washer to work. I found a bunch of pinion shims from a dana 70 or 80 and a big wash and it work good for the 2 seasons i had it on. Dont remember bolt size. my new cam will get welded on.

If you weld the gear on, you can never redegree the cam if you want to

I tried emailing the pics & dimensions. It came back and said "users maildir has overdrawn his diskspace quota"
Let me know when to try sending it again.

Jim

I received the emails(3) whit pictures and all the info.
Thanks a lot :Cheer:

I tried emailing the pics & dimensions. It came back and said "users maildir has overdrawn his diskspace quota"
Let me know when to try sending it again.

Jim

I have Fletcher DP3 cam. When I order this cam I remember that it was discussed but apparently I either did not understand or could not express myself correctly in phone(English is not my home language) do make this in first place.
So now I put together my new engine and I like to do this gear retainer on cam.
if anyone could tell me the bolt size/info (diameter and length). And what the diameter and thickness on washer?

Thanks for any help

It's a 5/16 taper head bolt. I don't recall the length off the top of my head but that's easy to check.

If you weld the gear on, you can never redegree the cam if you want to

I don't like welding gears on either. I've had good luck with gear retainers though.

Back