cam profile

:hehe: dick....oops gay dick.:kick:

i know the 12v's smaller but looking for some numbers

Its in one of the F1 vs. Hamilton vs. Maxspool threads, homo.:hehe:

:hehe: i dont have pics of me on here like you do.

Its in what one of the 400 pages somewhere. just figured somebody had it on hand. guess ill look.

12V Stock:
INT: 159° .235” Lift
EX: 204° .263” Lift
102 LDA

24V Stock
INT: 159° .235” Lift
EX: 206° .297” Lift
107.5 LDA

24V 3rd gen.
INT: 163° .237” Lift
EX: 191° .299” Lift
98.5 LDA

24v 6.7L
Int. .237” lift
Exh. 299” lift

these are the specs that I got from hamilton site.

thanks, got it on cf to. dont know why he thinks a 12v is better than a 24. I know there isnt much difference but dam

One thing you must also understand is that numbers at .050 which is what those number are , and only a small part of the equation . To truly understand what’s going on , you need to look at numbers at .006 ,020 , .050 and .200 this establishes the rates of tappet acceleration . And the area under the curve . This is essentially the amount of time the valve is open to move an appreciable amount of air thru the port.

The key to camshaft design in a high performance diesel power plant is that you have to work with in given parameters that when breached give the results that were common 5 to 10 years ago where it was a given that a cam didn’t effect , and some times hurt the performance of street diesels.
These cams were either way to big on their .006 numbers , which is called seat timing , and opens the ports for pressure to move , but no apreacable amount of air flow is evident.

One aspect of this is keeping the intake open to long , thereby bleeding off the pressure that is compression as the piston in past Bottom dead center, and rises to the power stroke

All in all most thoughtful street cams are very to the point and move the valves open and shut quickly .

The big picture to all of this is each cam should be for a particular application , and not just a cookie cutter design for all .

dont know much about aftermarket cams but the non intercooled 1st gen cam (89-91) has alot more opening duration than later 12v cams.- pulled a few and was surprised at difference. maybe thats why the run pretty strong.

dont know much about aftermarket cams but the non intercooled 1st gen cam (89-91) has alot more opening duration than later 12v cams.- pulled a few and was surprised at difference. maybe thats why the run pretty strong.

how do they compaire with a 24v...just courious.

are you another one of those "mine has more valves" guys ?

nope not at all why....we were talking about putting a 12lp in the 24v. i was just trying to help out the kid. He was wanting performance and i told him he would be better off getting one made. I also told him that he could run a 12v but would prolly lose power.

he would be better off running a stock 3rd gen cam if he wasn't willing to run a aftermarket cam.

3rd gens dont have a pump lobe though, that is the OP's issue.

He wants an 12v lift pump on his VP truck, the 12v cam would be a set back.

thats what id think to but i think the thread is pretty well dead. he also thought that he would lose his primming ability to, lol.

The common rail cam's short LSA generates intra-cylinder EGR... it's an emissions-optimized profile.

Back