Cam sensor, IPR (and other stuff)

Goose

Alabama Pimpin'
Leaking oil from seems to be the cam sensor. Trucks running bad sometimes, sometimes runs fine. It has died/stalled on me twice in the last two weeks. Pulled codes this morning: P0284, P0341, P2269, P2617 and U0306.

Can I just replace the o rings or should I change the whole thing?

Truck is a 2005 with 310,xxx miles.

Yes, you can just replace the orings. I would also do the crank sensor, it will probably start to leak soon also.

For the price and hassle finding the orings though, I would just replace the sensors. Not a bad job but not a fun one either.

Well, I think that solved my oil leak but not my running issue. Still running like crap. I have a fuel leak somewhere.

Old sensor

IMG_6503_zps1f194fac.jpg

Yep, that is what mine looked like. The crank sensor had silicone from the ford tech on it so it was a little better, but not much.

I got mine with the blue spring at an IH dealer. Thought I got the number from the cross-reference thread on here I can't remember though.

Here's the Ford P/N for just the seal and the spring: 6E7Z-9C165-B Tousley has them for $39.

Here's the IH P/N for just the seal and spring: 1854267C94

I think this is what you are looking for. Thank Mdub707 I just found the thread.

Fuel regulator housing is what it is called.

Cam sensor

I went ahead and ordered the upgraded spring kit. I didn't want to throw money at "upgrades" but it won't be a big deal. Truck has 311000 miles and won't be putting a 6.0 back in when it dies.

This one will not hurt and since you're right there.......

I feel ya on not replacing a 6.0. If mine dies it will become a fummins and like it. lol

Well, that fixed my fuel leak...... Still no power. May be an oil pressure issue. ICP DC stays pegged.

On a positive not, I ordered the fuel valve kit from Sunrise Ford on Saturday morning and it was in the mail box at noon today. Awesome folks over that way.

Truck starts and idles fine, no issues. There are zero dtc codes. Truck has no power when accelerating. ICP duty cycle stays pegged at 94%. This is on a Scangauge that I think, has read icp/ipr% fairly accurately.

I was able to get my hands on a Snap On scanner today. Wanted to see how accurate my scangauge is, at least on the ICP and IPR DC%. Both were spot on with each other.

Now that hunting season is over its time to start on the truck. I've got it torn down to the turbo. Going to pull it when it warms up. I guess I will go ahead and install the EGR delete thats been sitting in the closet for years. :toast:

Yeah, I wish I could just replace the valve and be done with it.

Help me out here. I've got the truck torn down with the intake out. What gaskets/o-rings do I need?

I can think of:

Turbo drain tube
Intake gaskets
o-ring for the oil filter housing
IPR valve

and I thats all I remember right now.

It probably wouldn't hurt to pull the hpop out since you already have it torn down that far and throw an o ring kit in there and an updated stc if it still has the old style on it.

Back