cam

Tragic

good afternoon

I bought a 06 jetta TDI, had 120,000 miles on it, the owner before me replaced the flywheel just before I bought it.

was having issues last week with no power and hearing a hissing sound coming from the engine, everyone I talked to, said that it was the EGR, well I put the car on my lift and noticed that it was the lower intake pipe coming from the intercooler, not a problem so I fied that with just replacing the whole pipe with boots and new pipe.

when I was doing my research, everyone was telling me to replace the camshaft as well, so I was looking around and there are guys that are telling me not to but the colt camshaft, I have been told that the cam is for the bre motor and not for the brm, I was also told that the colt cam is really for a gas motor and there have been people saying that they were having issues with the cam, can anyone shed some light on this.

is the new oem camshaft made out of better material or will it crash just like the originals?

is the colt cam really worth the money.

I am pulling the egr and replacing the exhaust with 3 inch

turbos, I have been doing research on these and everyone says that it is ok for the turbo to leak some oil from the bearing seals, I cant find anything on these turbos for specs.

ignore whatever "bre" stuff you've been told, its a BRM you have. Colt cams are a good choice. Make sure you go through Whitbread(he's a member here) and not the other ripoff seller.

The cam profile is different - Matt knows more about that.

Don't mess with the exhaust much as long as you have the stock turbo - that turbo is so tiny that removing the cat can cause it to creep.

Geoff is the only game in town on the TDI cams. There is a lot of misinformation out on the web from that started from a guy named Frank. I would not let him change my oil. Geoff is the real deal, and the best part..... he stands behind his product. He is old school and honest......period

I called frank about a year ago. He did not have a basic grasp on things like lift and duration....total poser. Also watch out for regrinds. If you are having an 06 reground, if there is a lot of damage already, it is likely that if the lobe is reground, it will expose an even softer core that will wear very fast On top of the fact that higher lift cams might have a much sharper nose angle.

I make diesel cams and I have a Colt in my 06.

Back