Can anyone identify this converter?

Dudge

Hey guys, wondering if anyone can identify this converter. The guy I bought the truck from claimed it had a "full built Suncoast. Everything is billet". I do know that it's not a Suncoast, but it's not a factory converter either. Only letters I can find stamped on it are "K4B", but the 4 is upside down. The pic of it is a little fuzzy.

It looks just like the converter that Farmboy's offers. I stole these pics from a writeup on CF where a guy installed a FBD converter and VB into his truck.
2lkz6yw.jpg

14mz7np.jpg

Here is my converter.
Converter001.jpg

Converter002.jpg

Converter003.jpg

Converter004.jpg

Converter005.jpg

I've seen these layin the a tranny shop before
Cant say whos they are though.
I think they are an upgraded one but not top of the line

looks like billet front cover single disk from transtar. not bad for 300 to 400hp any more then that it will not last.

Thanks fellas. Fairly basic billet covered single disc...we'll see when it starts slipping I suppose.

that looks identical to one in a trans i bought that was supposed to be "built".. exact same situation. but he said it was a BD converter..it was just a stock converter with a billet front cover.

Its a Recon I had one in my truck, mines that size but a triple disk.

We installed one like that awhile ago customer supplied the converter said it was called a Level 10 converter might be wrong

I got a TC from Gus at Farmboy , It looked exactly like that. Same color and markings. It was a TCS .... 89% single .. it let go after @ 10,000 miles with my superchip tuner, as well as the intermediate shaft and the clutches .:bang That was in my 06 auto

it is a recon they use a sonax frt cover better than stock because of frt cover if you make more than 350 hp or haul for get it you will blow it up hope you did not get hosed for it:bang

Superior converters look like that also...my first rebuild had one of those in it..same color, back and all.

It came in the truck when I bought it. I'll see how long it holds up. I talked to Phil and he said to run it until it slips. I'll upgrade to a triple disc after that. All I'm planning for near future is a fuel system, Diablo Predator, and maybe some nozzles. We'll see how that goes.

Back