Can it hold 600-650hp?

If GM would have done something right like cummins none of us would be in this spot.

Now that is just hurtfull. You bring a Cummins and I'll pair up a Duramax with the same mods and lets line them up...

Now that is just hurtfull. You bring a Cummins and I'll pair up a Duramax with the same mods and lets line them up...

Look man its the truth I just got a lb7 . I've know owned them all I like this truck man but let's face it Ford got it right this time the rods should have been made stronger if cummins could do it so can gm and Ford. I hate that I got to pay so much for the esp since there so close to a big block rod. Prices need to come down on them it Jang because this is a new sports its not like their some super unobtanium rods. They can charge that much and they know it. Only thing that should cost is the stroker kit I know they put time into that thing its actually completely custom and built from the ground up.

You just got a LB7? Why?

Tired of the old truck tired or autos wanted another handshaker. I like it ZF6 is a blast. Now went ahead bite the bullet on studs and stuff. Now just need to get the rods :doh:

I don't care for dyno's where bragging is fine tuned. Like i said build all three with the same mods and line them up. I'll be happy to put up a Dmax against any of them on the street, towing, or on the drag strip. You now own one, so why are you *****ing? If you are unhappy, then sell it.

I don't care for dyno's where bragging is fine tuned. Like i said build all three with the same mods and line them up. I'll be happy to put up a Dmax against any of them on the street, towing, or on the drag strip. You now own one, so why are you *****ing? If you are unhappy, then sell it.

No I won't sell it. Just like Chris Watson said the thing is almost identical to a pontiac big block. Regular big block rods aren't that much. like around 800 or a little more. There isn't much need to change the dimensions or maching time to make those rods. They are charging a arm and a leg for them. I will bite the bullet for them though.

If GM would have done something right like cummins none of us would be in this spot.

GM did nothing wrong, (in aspect of what you're refering too). They built a Duramax engine with internals capable of handling the power they shipped them out the door with. I don't believe they were initially designed to do what the aftermarket diesel world has done with them today. I myself am impressed with what can be done with a stock bottom end on a Duramax.

Can anyone post up a photo of a dmax rod vs a similar sized BBC rod? (just for reference). The nice BBC rods are not that much cheaper than a aftermarket Duramax rod. (just googled crower billet steel rods and they were right around $1500) Plus how long have the BBC rods been around vs dmax? I would think technology/research & development would have a lot to do with the difference in prices... just like the torque talk... a 500hp bbc will make roughly the same amount of torque (give or take some), and what kind of torque does a 500 hp dmax make? I personally dont know but I would guess upwards of 1,000 ft/lbs. I'd gladly pay another $500-$1000 for a set of rods designed to handle that sort of power. Hell if you want the real answer, call the rod manufacture. Maybe, they'll tell you why....or maybe not, who knows.

Regardless, good luck with your build.

No I won't sell it. Just like Chris Watson said the thing is almost identical to a pontiac big block. Regular big block rods aren't that much. like around 800 or a little more. There isn't much need to change the dimensions or maching time to make those rods. They are charging a arm and a leg for them. I will bite the bullet for them though.

How many big block chevrolet rods do you think are sold compared to duramax rods?? It's not about how much it costs to machine them, it's simply supply and demand. If a company has demand for 10,000 sets of rods vs. 10 sets of rods, you can bet your ass the price is going to reflect that. Diesel stuff is more expensive, simply because of supply and demand.

Look man its the truth I just got a lb7 . I've know owned them all I like this truck man but let's face it Ford got it right this time the rods should have been made stronger if cummins could do it so can gm and Ford. I hate that I got to pay so much for the esp since there so close to a big block rod. Prices need to come down on them it Jang because this is a new sports its not like their some super unobtanium rods. They can charge that much and they know it. Only thing that should cost is the stroker kit I know they put time into that thing its actually completely custom and built from the ground up.

Your right cummins DID IT, 12valve bottom ends clearly will take more punishment than anything else you can get in a pick up, but the 24vs and commons rails are not as stout as a 12valve. Cummins did it, they are no longer doing it.

Comparing big block rods to duramax rods its like comparing apples to volkswagons. For starters, like some have already stated, the demand for big block rods exceeds duramax rods ten fold or more. Further more, i dont think many companies have had to do much R&D on the big block rods since the friggin 70s.

Cummins rods blow too, if you don't believe me I can mail you one as proof! Out of a STOCK common rail...

ok come get my truck, put some of nathans twins on it, then tune it with efi, while you are at it go ahead and put a built allison in it with a standalone and race it against one of your dmaxs and then bring it back. rather it wins or loses I dont care it will be a sweet setup.:hehe:

But one thing to remember if you put a cummins up against a dmax with some one elses tunes that thinks there a tuner your going to have alot different outcome, one of my buddies found this out, and after telling him for along time to get a tune from you he finally did, and your milage/towing tune had twice the hp as there race tune:hehe:

Most of the young punk Chummins owners around just blow a bunch of smoke and the truck dissapears in it...

Back