Can you change the Gauge Cluster lights to blue LEDs?

DiEsElFeInE

Bleeding Diesel!
Wanting to go with blue leds in the cab of my 04 Ford is there a way to put blue leds in the dash so the gauge cluster n a/c panel is blue rather than the stock green?

I've done it on mine. You can kinda see it here in my dodge.
d18c1381.jpg

The easy way out is a Nu Image gauge face overlay. I used a silver one and got the matching ac panel.
282414_1909960668394_1223174939_31666364_3255900_n.jpg

They all look sweet, I like the stock gauges with a color change. Now all I need to do is buy a truck

THANKS FOR REPLIES N PICS.

i was just wondering if you could just change the bulbs tho? my buddy did it n his dodge but im talking about a Superduty

i was just wondering if you could just change the bulbs tho? my buddy did it n his dodge but im talking about a Superduty

Dig into the gauge cluster and see what type of bulb the OEM put in there. I don't know what it is for Fords but on the Dodges they are 194 style bulbs. After you find out the bulb style, you can go to a website like superbrightleds.com and do an interchange.

Sylvania's website (http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/LampReplacementGuide/AutoLRG-Results.htm) says superduties use 194 bulbs, so a lot will interchange. That's the same size I used in my dodge. They are pretty cheap from Super Bright LEDs so you aren't at a big loss if they don't work.

It looks like it takes some 194s and some 37s so make sure to order a few of both. Maybe some ford guys can chime in with a bulb count, that would really help more than the dodge guys saying they can do it :poke:

Last edited:
I used the Wled-xHP in my dodge and the Twist lock bases from superbrightleds. The xHP has a 120* beam. I was originally using the WLED-x5 with the 220* Beam but oddly enough they didn't light as well or as evenly as the xHP. Since that was on a Dodge and not a Ford YMMV.

Back