can you dyno a truck with 4.88 or 5.13 gears?

How accurate would it be? or would it just blow the tires off?

for the sake of my question, lets say it's 700-800 hp and spools around 3k or so...

Jesse I think you would be better to dyno it on a load type where it has more restistance. It may not show the biggiest number but if you do a before and after you will know where you are at. I have seen a couple trucks and cars with 4.30-4.56 dyno and you need to be in higher gear. Since you have a 6 speed you should still be ok.

dyno

it shouldn't be a problem (depending on what kind of dyno) mine has 4.88's and as long as it's strapped correctly we have never had a problem. even with :nos: we have had good luck and not blowing the tires off. but thats with a dual roller and leaving a little slack in the straps to let the tire climb up onto the front knurled roller and "get a bite"

it shouldn't be a problem (depending on what kind of dyno) mine has 4.88's and as long as it's strapped correctly we have never had a problem. even with :nos: we have had good luck and not blowing the tires off. but thats with a dual roller and leaving a little slack in the straps to let the tire climb up onto the front knurled roller and "get a bite"

dyno in top gear?

Thanks...

dyno

shouldn't have to. get them to adjust the ramp rate and load to make it a longer pull and you should be fine..

Back