Can you rebuild your own TC?

You're awesome... Thank you. Work was getting boring and I needed something to read. :thankyou2:

I'll leave the performance TC's alone but I'd love to tear into a stock one and give er a go once.

Thanks Tobin for the link and the write-up!

I definitely don't. :-/ I was hoping it was as easy as spinning it with a dial indicator on two surfaces that weren't the welded part, then sandwich them with some pressure, and weld around it. It is starting to sound like that's not the case. I guess I am surprised at this considering I've seen some welds on converters that definitely don't look robotic and I'd think that'd throw off the balance.

I wonder how accurate of a balancer I could make using a tire balancer and making an input adapter... Either way, I'm probably just going to bite the bullet and send it out after what everyone's saying.

You and me both. I gave away my last stock one. If I still had it, I'd cut it apart for everyone with lots of pictures. If anyone wants to send me an old one lying around that isn't going to use it as a core, let me know. I'm fairly certain it'd fit on the lathe I use.

No prob guys... I've actually done a couple articles with Phil but the older ones aren't online right now... Hopefully they will show up when we redo the website.

The other ones show more of the internals and work being done on the converter...

Back