cannot figure out my lighting issues

Ltk

Broke
well i have 2 problems as of recently.

my low beams are getting no power to them for some reason, highs and fogs both work just fine. the switch that shows the position and allows you to select fogs, lows, park etc. the lights surrounding it do not work.

also when hitting my brakes my reverse lights come on. does anyone have a wiring diagram? i cant find a ground anywhere to check, thats my only idea..

Head light ground is in the driver side kick panel.

2lwnoux.jpg

Sorry the forum software skews the screen shot.

thank you, cant see on my phone but is there a brake and reverse light ground in the picture you posted?

All tail lights are ground on the left side fender shield in front.

Sorry about the wire diagrams they are huge for even my 23" monitor...

As far as your headlights, have you tried tilting the wheel all the way up and see if they work? Theres a bunch of wires that go into the plug on the combination switch and my low beam had come out of the plug

All tail lights are ground on the left side fender shield in front.

Sorry about the wire diagrams they are huge for even my 23" monitor...

no problem, yep looked at the diagram on a 17" monitor and its massive lol. im about to dig into it to figure these issues out. front fender or read fender well?

As far as your headlights, have you tried tilting the wheel all the way up and see if they work? Theres a bunch of wires that go into the plug on the combination switch and my low beam had come out of the plug

what wheel are you talking about? im lost

your saying the plugs on the back of the dimmer/light switch?

Im sorry your steering wheel. And Im talking about your turn signal switch

oh see i was thinking to myself what the hell does steering wheel position have to do with the dimmer switch. :doh:

okay thank ill check that out also

I would put my money one the high/low beam switch. Could use a test light and make sure you're getting power to it and through it.

well the high beams work though. they work perfectly and when i switch them off, fogs come on normally. also when highs are on, 1 of the low beams is working now! what the hell!!!!!

pulled out high beam relay. hit high beam switch, passenger side low beam comes on with relay out and highs on. any ideas on that?

Ummm... Do you have modified head light wiring? If so you might go back to stock and see if the modification is to blame for the head light issues.

Try a new switch. They are like 30$ and can cause problems

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

i had HID's wired up, figured thats what was the issue. switched back to regular halogen bulbs, and problem still persists..

reverse lights dont come on anymore. i messed around with every ground i saw to find a broken one and apparently i fixed the issue without knowing lol

but the low beams still are acting funny. could it be the switch by the dimmer that selects park, fogs, etc.? could that be bad

Give it a try. If not you can bring the part back.

Old work trucks used to get dirt in them from logging. Wear down the selector pot inside and cause wised issues.

alright ill give it a try. should i also try the high beam lever? all the connections in the plug were just fine.

Not unless it seams to be at fault

Since your hi/lo beam is more of a issue I would start with a multi-function switch. Again head light grounds are in the kick panel of the dash.

+12V -> Fuse ->
Headlight <- Dimmer Switch <- Headlight switch <- Ground

Reverse light is just a switch in the transmission. Again the ground for tail light is on the left fender shield. Also double check the bulbs I've seen a vehicle blow both bulbs at the same time it does happen.

i couldnt find the reverse ground at all. i checked all fenders looking for it

any way you could snap a picture of it and the headlight grounds? would be highly appreciated!

i checked all fenders because i wasnt sure if left was driver or passenger. depends which way you look i guess haha

bulbs are fine because when on high beams the pass side low beam comes on. but wont when turned to just low beams

edit: 2 ground wires runs underneath my driver side battery tray and cannot be traced further. is this it? if so ill take out the tray

Back