carrier bearing drop bracket

singlesmoker06

just cause it smokes dont
well just got a new lift for my 06 dodge. The lift came off a sb truck, obviously no carrier bearing on those. just curious, i know a bunch of you guys and gals have lift kits on your dodges, mines just a tuff country 6in kit but i need to know how big to make the drop bracket for the carrier bearing. If anyone could maybe measure theirs next time youre under you truck, i shure would appreciate it. all i need to know is how far down it drops from the existing mount to the bearing itself. any help would be great!!! thanks!!!:Cheer:

I have a 4.5" Fabtech lift and bought a large shim kits, because I did not know how many shims to use.

I found that 1/4" drop is typically needed for a 1" lift, so I used 4 shims.....because each steel (powdercoated black) shim plate is 1/4" thick

I have 4 shims for sale, if interested......here is what they look like:

007-3.jpg

011.jpg

010.jpg

I have a 4.5" Fabtech lift and bought a large shim kits, because I did not know how many shims to use.

I found that 1/4" drop is typically needed for a 1" lift, so I used 4 shims.....because each steel (powdercoated black) shim plate is 1/4" thick

that may be the case with your truck cause that mount for the bearing is different than the one on 06-07 trucks. My 6" lift came with a 3" drop bracket.

well thanks alot tritan that helps me a whole lot!!! i have a bunch of stainless tubing that i can make a trick ass bracket out of!! maybe polish it up lol!! im goin for the whole clean look underneath the truck . spent alot of time on it so far so figure id make the drop bracket match. thanks again man!! nice truck by the way!!!!

and i appreciate the input also D45. but tritan is right about the mount being different. thats what i had in mind at first but realized they were different.

Back