case 1835b skidsteer help

slor1de

Just curious if anyone could shed some light on a issue. Got a 1835b case skid steer. 32hp 4cyl diesel has a stanadyne inj pump. Very hard starting, have to crank it hard 3 or 4 times to get it to fire then wont rev up leave it set for a short bit idling then it will usually pickup and run. Also doesn't seem to hold a steady rpm almost constantly up and down. Any input greatly appreciated.

Have you changed the fuel filter? If so was there water in the filter? I've seen this way too many times.
Have you looked at the rubber sections of your fuel line from the tank for kinks or pinched line?
Look at the hand primer (bulb), if cracked or collapsed...replace it.
Open up the return line at the IP and blow it out to the tank.
The Stanadyne "rotary" pump has a plastic ring inside that tends to break up and clog the return line.

Hope this helps.

Have you checked the lift pump on it? We have one and the lift pump was getting weak and did this exact stuff. But, I'd start checking that little easy stuff first like already mentioned.

Appreciate the help i'll check this stuff out. I know if u pump the hand primer it leaks alittle fuel around it, maybe losing prime. Fuel lines are kink free and look to be in good shape. Do these have a lift pump just like a 12 valve. Thanks again

The IP has a fuel suction pump.

Is there a fair amount of unburnt fuel smoke coming from the exhaust while you are cranking it over? If not I would say that the fuel is draining back to the tank from the top fuel filter. There are two check valves on the engine side of the primer pump.

There is an easy way to check for valve leakage.
Run the engine up to normal operating temp then clamp off the fuel line between the hand primer and the filters, then shut down the engine.
The following day (with the fuel line still clamped) try starting the engine.
If it fires up normally I would fix the check valves.

Here are some PNs, double check these with your local dealer.
SEAL fitting PN: A7982 /1 needed
SEAL valve PN: 73692 /1 needed
SPRING PN: 75866 /1 needed NOTE:This may not be needed if your spring is not damaged.
SEAL valve body PN: A17526 /1 needed
VALVE, LOCK PN: F10076 /2 needed

This is the whole primer unit if you want to go that route. List was about $136 + tax
PRIMER/A PN:75092 /1 needed

Hope this helps you.

Last edited:
Diesel rocket appreciate the help. I'll have time to mess with it this weekend. It does smoke while cranking. Thanks again

Back