Cat service

autoferret

Hey guys! Have a few question for you!

I have a 2001 Sterling w/ a Cat 3126 that i need to do a service on. Tired of paying Cat to do it.

Other than oil/filter, fuel filter is there anything else I need to service under the hood? Do I have to buy CAT filters or can I just go to NAPA and get there filter like I normally do on all of my other diesels?

Also are there any ways of getting a little more power out of the motor?

Still new to these big older diesels.

thanks for your help guys!

nick

You don't have to buy CAT filters but there really good filters and quite reasonably priced. As for other services fuel filters every other or third oil change would be a good idea. I would use a cat filter for the primary fuel filter and whatever for the separator.

You don't have to buy CAT filters but there really good filters and quite reasonably priced. As for other services fuel filters every other or third oil change would be a good idea. I would use a cat filter for the primary fuel filter and whatever for the separator.

Thanks! b/c of how few miles that rig gets I'm on a once a year oil change.

May not be a bad plan to Change fuel filters every oil change in that case. Filters are way cheaper than injectors at $900 ea. from cat.

May not be a bad plan to Change fuel filters every oil change in that case. Filters are way cheaper than injectors at $900 ea. from cat.

I completely agree!

On these big trucks what are other maintenance areas i need to look at? This is my first class 7 truck.

Check out Disturbed's thread asking about cat mechanics. He was looking to get a little more out of his.

Back