cc's of fuel = how much hp?

carcrafter22

Lets have it people, how much hp are you putting down at a given cc's of fuel?
I would like to hear a quick rundown of your combo as well but mainly how much fuel it is taking to get get to a certain hp number. I know this isnt going to be exact since alot of things have to do with tuning but it certainly wont hurt.

Thanks
Randy

setup correctly you can get 2.2hp per cc of burned fuel

A good pump man once told me that a single chargered p-pump truck would average between 1-1.5 hp per CC depending on the tune-up and alot had to do with when the charger would light.

On a twins equipped truck that figure would go up to 2-2.5hp per CC depending on the tune-up and how quickly the chargers lit.Its a figure that I have always used since and usually is right on.

Great info guys thanks. Helps me estimate a few things for my procharged/ turbocharged 3.9L

I've never heard of any of those rules of thumb, but they are right inline with my own testing. The last three fuel injection increases I have made on my truck all netted between 2.40 and 2.44 hp per each additional mm^3 injected within a 2ms window. Obviously 500 mm^3 added at 60* ATDC isn't going to help, so I only tested injection increases within that window. In other words not really injection quantity, but flow rate increases.

Anyway, it's pretty obvious that what I've noted is the same as what most of you all have seen as well.

Back