Central Ohio July Thread

Cummins Express said:
there are open till 9

I am going out to kil kare tonight for perment number night

How big is the crowd and what is permanent # night? I have a DHRA #...does that count?

realy low on cars only people that have permanent numbers can run so you lose a lot of mustange and cammaro group

they told me the dhra number was good as long as it was on with decals and not marker I thanks a set of vinyl letters form wallmart would work fine

the times are the same as thursdays

That's good to know. I won't be able to make it tonight, but it gives me another day to go racing if I want.

well (fingers crossed) the bullsh*t will stop and my DTT will come back to me today and I can get my truck running tonight.

I of course am not depending on my transmission to show up since all I've heard was lies for the last month, but if it does I will probably be @ Kilkare Thursday eve.

Lavon's truck and mine just rolled out of the shop at ~2am. It looks like we'll both make it. WHEE!!

joefarmer said:
Lavon's truck and mine just rolled out of the shop at ~2am. It looks like we'll both make it. WHEE!!

Well Brandon, after you left I spent an hr cleaning the shop then decided I may as well break in the tranny. After finally getting the shifter linkage where I liked it. I hammered on it a few times and decided to end with a run down Lafayette.

All was good til about 90mph, I blew a hole in my silicone turbo boot (the one right off the top turbo elbow):doh: , so back to the shop I went.

I took my cold pipes apart to look at the damages and found that I blew a 1 in. hole in the boot and cracked the aluminum v-band flange off the turbo. SO, I need another elbow and a boot! So hopefully I can find something to get me going, If not then I'll probably skip Kilkare.

Its 5am and I just fixed a big pot of coffee so I can feel alive to leave for work in a hr... gonna be a long day!

LAmiller said:
Well Brandon, after you left I spent an hr cleaning the shop then decided I may as well break in the tranny. After finally getting the shifter linkage where I liked it. I hammered on it a few times and decided to end with a run down Lafayette.

All was good til about 90mph, I blew a hole in my silicone turbo boot (the one right off the top turbo elbow):doh: , so back to the shop I went.

I took my cold pipes apart to look at the damages and found that I blew a 1 in. hole in the boot and cracked the aluminum v-band flange off the turbo. SO, I need another elbow and a boot! So hopefully I can find something to get me going, If not then I'll probably skip Kilkare.

Its 5am and I just fixed a big pot of coffee so I can feel alive to leave for work in a hr... gonna be a long day!

You guys are nuts. If I'm in the garage past 9pm, I'm working over time. LOL

What size boots do you need? I have all of my stock boots and the straight sections are in good condition if any of those will work. I guess it's better you blew it last night then waiting till you got to the track.:doh:

I need to get me anther bottle because I'm not sure how long this one will last. I've already made one pass on this one so I'm hoping to get two or three more. Unfortunatley the places around here won't fill the bottle unless you're pretty much empty. Anyway, I'll be parked over where we get tech'd at around 5:30-5:45. Hope to see you all there. :rockwoot:

Last edited:
Joel, if I can find another elbow laying around somewhere then the stock straight sections should get me by for tonight, so you might wanna bring 1 along just in case I run out of options.

Lavon

Just a reminder--if you plan on dabbling in the 11's, make sure you have a fire jacket on :rules: I just bought one and we can pass it around if need be.

BTW...my new progressive controller arrived today, hopefully I'll have both solenoids firing for today. :rockwoot:

Last edited:
I grabbed Allen's fire suit since you posted that last time. I believe they've let Sam's 'vette go 11.11 without a rollbar, but that's a vette & they like those things. It's a little weird that they gave you a hard time for the fire jacket at < 12.00.

Last edited:
Oh well, it's for the best I guess. You know, I thought I had read the DHRA rulebook fairly well, but it's also written in there. :rules:

Clothing, Protective:
Drivers must wear protective clothing as follows:
11.99 to 10.00 seconds without alcohol injection: a jacket meeting SFI specification 3.2A/1.

I'm not going to Urbana. I hate paying ~$8 at the gate and another ~$5 to sit in the grand stands.

I guess we did ok at the drag strip tonight. Looks like the total carnage list was a VP44, PDR turbo boot, a HTT PS66 and a bunch of hurt wallets.

Nope. We put three trucks on the disabled list last night and the rest of them are pulling at two different pulls saturday. Pay to play I guess... Are you headed up?

I know it's short notice, but I'm headed out to KilKare at 5:30 if anyone wants to join in. Time to empty that 20lb bottle. :rockwoot: *nx*

Back