Chain drive a p pump

I don't see roller chain working/lasting unless you have it in an oil bath. As soon as roller chain gets too dry it'll hop and skip teeth or break. Been there far to many times with 80 and 100hd on equipment, even with good quality chain

Well I got the pump back a couple days ago and got it running yesterday. Not pretty, but it runs. Step one is done and that was to get it started. I tried to load the video but can't get it to work on here. It's on my Facebook page if you want to see it.

It runs and the chain at idle doesn't seem to be acting crazy at the moment

If I couldn't see video, I'd think it was a low sound quality video of a race car LOL

I probably missed it, but whats the goal for power?

We made the injectors out of other injectors. Machined some parts to make them work. As far as end result or hp goal I don't really have a plan. First plan was to get it to run. Not sure what to do next.

What psi do high performance 13mm ppumps put out on the billy badass trucks?

pretty cool, hope to see completed and see what kind of power it makes

I'm assuming whatever pop pressure the injectors are set at, but then again I could be wrong

I'd say in excess of w/e the pop pressure might be, by lets say roughly 5bar. by this I am referring to return/excess fuel, if the injector upon its pop/release of pressure were to utilize every fuel molecule being delivered at that point. if the injector were set at 325 bar. the pump would be delivering 330 bar at that point? but rpm should effect this, cam design/rate of injection also?? maybe someone has factual test stand numbers they could enlighten and share with us. be interesting data to obtain at idle, 3000 and 6000 rpm.

Last edited:
Aren't you at all concerned with taking out the low pressure oil pump? I know fluidampers were pretty good at doing that, not really sure as to the why though. In my head though putting all that load and harmonics of a ppump would wreck havoc on the low pressure pump.

The pump yes but the chain is going engine speed and the pump spins half of engine speed not one quarter.

Back