Changed smarty setting now truck starts hard

stimo

cnc machinist/programmer
Yesterday I decided to change the setting on my smarty just to see if gas mileage would change. I had it on sw9 and it seem to run just fine and start fine. I changed setting to sw0 which is the half power setting and now when I try to start it up it cranks over a few times before it starts. Anyone had this problem before or is my injection pump getting bad? This is on my 2001 truck that is my daily driver. Only upgrades on it is smarty, exhaust, air intake, air filter, +100 injectors, stock H.O. pump.

Last edited:
Takes twice as long since it cuts fuel in half. Same way you'll floor it now getting on the highway rather than half throttle. Oh and fuel mileage.

Well when I did not have the smarty before it started up just fine then installed smarty and it still started fine. Then now I changed the setting and every time I go to start it, it will rollover a few times before it starts. It did this the very first time once I switched settings and now does it every time I start it. Maybe this weekend I will have time to change settings and see how it reacts.

have you tried taking the smarty off of the truck, as in programming back to stock, or trying any other power levels and seeing if it still hard starts?

have you tried taking the smarty off of the truck, as in programming back to stock, or trying any other power levels and seeing if it still hard starts?

Not yet

Well changed setting today to sw3 and it still starts hard. Now its pissing me off. I guess I'll try another setting tomorrow.:bang

Back