Changing superstreet to a 10.5-10.9 index class

No, because then we have to loose 2300lbs instead of just 800 lbs.. If it becomes index we will build a new truck and go prostreet, we like heads up.

Someone awhile ago had the idea of indexing according to safety/tech requirements. I like this idea.

That's what I mean 12.0 required no.cage

10.00-11.50 only require a 6point bar 5 point harness drive shaft loops and a couple other minor safety things.

9.99 and faster is an entire new ball game

No, because then we have to loose 2300lbs instead of just 800 lbs.. If it becomes index we will build a new truck and go prostreet, we like heads up.

So you think two classes that both run similar times is a good idea? you don't have to weigh 4500 to be competitive...

I think 10.5 index would be awesome, you still get to run fast and do it on a reasonable budget. To be real competitive in SS is starting to get out of my price range.

So then just add another class and see how many people still enter ss...i agree that adding too many classes prob isn't the answer either buy I think filling the gap is a good idea too.

I'm up for a good argument tho I would like to.hear your side not just "leave it"

It comes down to people wanting to run heads up instead of index. Hopefully the outlaw races will pick it up next year. Dockboy has been trying for a long time to get index classes put in. It looks like it may finally start happening.

I love superstreet, however the guys with deep pockets can push there truck DEEP into the 9s. Anyone can build one but at that weight it takes deep pockets to keep it there. Brian spooner who ran 9.6@14X on fuel, max'd out 9.3x@149n torrey 9.5@146, and there's more and more coming. Prostreet only runs that fast. So when you get these big hitters all at one event a truck running 11.0 usually back off to the 11.90 class. Funny thing is, its usually a high 10sec truck that wins events cause thise other trucks can't finish events. Like I said I love superstreet and don't wanta see it change but I understand that there's starting to become a pretty serious gap in classes

I agree that it should become an index class. There's a large gap between classes. I don't personally think I'll ever afford running nines but tens is feasible.

When a 4x4 6000lbs stock suspension truck holds its own in pro street against 4500 lb race chassis cars, then the problem is not the super street truck for the close classes. Why limit the progress of HP vs weight. I hate to watch the NHRA index classes. Launch hard and run a 10.90 with a 8.0 sec high dollar race car. With tv and the money out there, i believe the same thing will take place.o

Last edited:
The problem Rob is Diesel motorsports is still young and the money isn't being thrown around like it is in nhra. With such a cap between 11.90 and 9.39, it might make guys reluctant to spending more money to run even deep 11s knowing there's 9sec trucks in the class. And yes I agree with the fact 4500lbs trucks should be further ahead than what they are. Still a 9.39@149 is fast enough to win every prostreet race.

World finals superstreet here we come

Good ponts Shawn. I do believe there is big gap between 11.9 and super street. I would hate to see a 100k truck that can run 8's running 10.5 index, boring. The money is out there for that. Maybe drop super street all together.

I guess the broad picture may be the way to look at it. What will grow the sport and get more sponsorship involved?. Is it another index class? I don't know, but some research could be done easily. I'm for the sport, and will change my entry if needed.

Last edited:
i believe if you just add a 10.5-10.7 index, you will find plenty of racers
and keep the prostreet class.
they are headed to the low 9's, budgets keep alot of people around mid 10's

run it at 1 or 2 bigger events during the year, you will get your answer

The licensing and safety gear really do limit entries i believe. One thing to think about is the second place SS truck in national points is a mid/low ten second truck.

Rob Coddens 4152 80 * 50 * 50 * 90 * 70 70 60 * 470
Daryl Bruneau 5542 * * 60 * * 40 * 40 * 90 90 * 320
Shawn Ellerton 4474 * * * * * 80 40 * * 50 * * 170
Pat Liskey 4739 * * * * 60 * * * 40 * 50 * 150
Brian Spooner 4584 40 * * * * 60 * * * 40 * * 140
Eric Stelly 4818 * 10 90 * * * 40 * * * * * 140
Ron Reiswig 4714 50 * * * 80 * * * * * * * 130
Josh Gruis 4768 * * 50 * * * * 70 * * * * 120

Out of the top 9 national points leaders for superstreet, only Rob and Brian run 9s. So its not that everyone runs 9s, some people say its a 9sec class, but look at the standing. Out of 50 plus people there's only 3 trucks that run 9s during competition. I think we all get a little butt hurt when they kick our butts. Just my like 20 cents tonight LOL

Back