Charge pipe for slip fit outlet

Cam73

Hey guys-
The new turbo came with a 2 piece charge pipe to use after the 90* silicone elbow off the slip fit compressor outlet. From what I can tell it is to ease installation since there is no longer a v-band outlet to line up and clamp. Now its kind of a back and forth game to get both ends in and then a whole bunch of clamps to get just right. I popped a boot off first time out and am thinking I'd like to try and make a 1 piece pipe.
I was wondering what kind of set ups you guys are using in a single turbo application w/ a slip fit outlet and if anyone had some pictures? There are various pre bent and bead rolled 3" aluminum pipes on ebay for about $15. Thinking about giving one of the 45* pieces a try along with a set of peak boots.
Any help would be great, thanks.

Its a s366, purchased used from a comp d member. The pipe was made by the previous owner and worked well for him. I'll be in there changing boots pretty soon anyway and would like to simplify.
The stock IC pipe is just a little bit too short but a different 90* elbow with longer leg lengths may work also.

Back