Cheapest/lightest drag wheels and tires

Are you going to drive or trailer to the track?

If you are going to trailer or switch at the track. M&H makes the nostalgia slicks that will fit your 16x10s.

Pretty sure I will put whatever tire holds air to get me to the track then swap wheels. In all honestly I will probably have terra grapplers for dirt drags/ driving. But that's after TS.
That's only until I get a trailer later this year or can borrow one. Fortunately track is only 45 min from the house. How tall is that tire?

Can't beat the price of the Classic 2. I have 16x10 on the front with 31x12.50 Hoosiers. 16x12 on the back with 31x16.50 Hoosiers.

Well I guess I was wrong. The classics I have are a 16x8. That might need to change to 16x10s as I need to Atleast get 1 since it's cracked.
I would think a 10.5 tire would still mount well

They are 31.5" tall.

I'm trying to get back on the track this year, and have been trying to decide on new tires too. If I was trailering or swapping at the track, I'd probably go with the Nostalgia Slicks. But my thing is to keep it in full street trim, so I'm leaning toward one of the 305/50/20s out there (Proxes, Nitto, Yokohamas).

What about the classic old Eagle 589s?

Is basically identical to the classic 2. I am not opposed at all.
Also I am curious if the radials are needed at 10.00+ I know it won't hurt but curious how much it will really help. I have thought about a 420 but they all seems to be 18+ rims.

Regular tires will get you well into the 10s. I'm still running LTX M&S tires. Hoping to shave off a tenth or two off my current times, before going with something else.

Austin, do you have a build thread for your truck? Link? If not, why?!?! :D

Austin, do you have a build thread for your truck? Link? If not, why?!?! :D

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177267

yes I do, I didn't know the pictures didn't show up till now. Basically trying to go as fast as my bank account will allow.
At the moment after the engine is finished here in a week and turbos are done I will be about spent. The drive train and everything related is going to be in great shape. Just missing money for tires ,cal tracs, and a cage. I have also not done anything to the gearing or diffs. All could really hinder my ability to do anything fast.

Back