Chest truck tool box

poorboycummins

Is anyone running a Highway Products 5th wheel chest box? Good looking box just wondering if anyone had an experience with them and what are you running it in? I was going to put it in my 06 mega cab. Thanks

I do not run one of theirs, but I have a DeeZee that sits flush with my rails and on the bed very similar to the one that their website pictures. I really like mine, have never had a complaint about it. The fact that you have to be right up on the truck to even know it is there is nice. No worries about a trailer hitting it before it gets into the bedsides. With a megacab though you don't have that much room in front of the hitch for one, make sure you double check your dimensions before purchasing one.

In my experience Highway Products have always been top quality. They are almost as nice as Pro-Tech stuff. You see a lot of Pro-Tech and Highway Products stuff on semi trucks. Their quality is a lot better than most pickup-truck products.

R&K is what i use

i have it to the brim with tools.. come alongs, straps, recievers, extra fluids, t post driver, chains, and milk crates to hold all the stuff.. that box is solid as a rock.. love it..

never heard anything bad about weatherguards either...

and never heard of any of the above products...

i do stay away from delta tho.. very cheap quality compared to R&Ks... not sure if they make a flush with rails toolbox tho...

It looks like a good product to last a long time! I've thought about the clearance with the goose neck trailer being close with the tool box.

i have a united welding service chest style box, sits even with top of rails, i love this box, will never have a over the rail style box again. great for backing upto goosneck trailers. plus not everybody can see i have a tool box, so nosey thieves are not looking in my box.

Back